Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

12 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Berks county always does well up there 

My sister lives in central MoCo PA in Royersford. She's been measuring when I ask her. She had 4.5" with the WAA, 5.1" of sleet that compacted everything to 6.1", then had another 4.1" of snow on top of that by 7 PM and still snowing. I told her to get the Alieve ready lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

Light snow again

Indeed. I know we haven't gotten the kinds of numbers that those 20-30 miles north of us have gotten today, but who cares. Just stepped out onto the back patio and snapped this pic...we've gotten a fresh coating of white (maybe ~ .25" over the past 2 hours?) and I'm glad for that much. While I could bitch for more snow on the ground, I won't...it's a gorgeous winter evening.

PXL_20210202_000604459.NIGHT2.thumb.jpg.9a1d2b6e105c30d7e4281f9a9a6b9e37.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm hearing 12-16" Emmitsburg on west to hagerstown with possible accumulation tonight and tomorrow to go . Maybe someone sneaks into the 20" contour:weenie: for the nesis 

Based on spotter reports, 4” contour is probably northern AA county west to somewhere near the 495-270 junction then over to IAD area. 10” from your area through a chunk of northern Frederick, Washington, then maybe cuts south near the Blue Ridge into WV. 

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Based on spotter reports, 4” contour is probably northern AA county west to somewhere near the 495-270 junction then over to IAD area. 10” from your area through a chunk of northern Frederick, Washington, then maybe cuts south near the Blue Ridge into WV. 

I suspect that if I measured carefully I’d probably have close to 4 inches storm total in Takoma Park.  But I didn’t and therefore have no evidence.  

9 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Indeed. I know we haven't gotten the kinds of numbers that those 20-30 miles north of us have gotten today, but who cares. Just stepped out onto the back patio and snapped this pic...we've gotten a fresh coating of white (maybe ~ .25" over the past 2 hours?) and I'm glad for that much. While I could bitch for more snow on the ground, I won't...it's a gorgeous winter evening.

PXL_20210202_000604459.NIGHT2.thumb.jpg.9a1d2b6e105c30d7e4281f9a9a6b9e37.jpg

We got hosed. No question. But was in old town Alex today and it just looked....nice. Snow was needed for the soul this time

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

I suspect that if I measured carefully I’d probably have close to 4 inches storm total in Takoma Park.  But I didn’t and therefore have no evidence.  

Haven’t seen a spotter report from DC in awhile. DCA reported 2.5”, so not crazy that you’d be in the 3-4” range.

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Haven’t seen a spotter report from DC in awhile. DCA reported 2.5”, so not crazy that you’d be in the 3-4” range.

I’d certainly be around 3.5”+ or so two day total.  I just got lazy yesterday but measured 3” compacted last night before the freezing rain/sleet kicked in.

• Like 1

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

Good luck hitting 3” If you only got .2” so far today. That said, that’s still better than me lol

FWIW, LWX is calling for up to 0.5” overnight and up to 1” tomorrow IMBY in my point-and-click. I have no idea if that’s in line with models because I’m taking the Bob Chill approach and stopped giving a sh*t. I’ll enjoy whatever I get. :lol:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

FWIW, LWX is calling for up to 0.5” overnight and up to 1” tomorrow IMBY in my point-and-click. I have no idea if that’s in line with models because I’m taking the Bob Chill approach and stopped giving a sh*t. I’ll enjoy whatever I get. :lol:

I’d love to take that approach but unfortunately I haven’t got anything since about 9pm last night:lol:

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

3k looks real nice tomorrow . 

1-2" many areas . 

Looks like light to mod snowshowers  almost all day lol 

Good. Keep it coming. We don't get many days like what tomorrow could offer. Usually we get a storm and the next day is sunny and calm.

Getting a steady light snow agin now.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic