Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

I am over in Roland Park/Mt Washington area and I can assure you it is not. 

I said south and southwest of Baltimore. Look at the movement and the dryslot to our south. There’s hardly any radar returns in AA County and southern MD..are we looking at the same thing?

• Like 1

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

I said south and southwest of Baltimore. Look at the movement and the dryslot to our south. There’s hardly any radar returns in AA County and southern MD..are we looking at the same thing?

I don't obsess over radar screaming doom during an event like you do, but the one I am looking at holds snow and backbuilds over my area for several hours. And then after midnight, we see what happens with the start of the coastal. After all these years, why are you still living in the bay? Move across town somewhere. 

13 minutes ago, jayyy said:
Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 21. Wind chill values between 10 and 15. Northeast wind 5 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible. 
Monday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 27. Wind chill values between 10 and 15. Blustery, with a northeast wind 15 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible. 
Monday Night
Periods of snow. Low around 26. Wind chill values between 10 and 15. Blustery, with a north wind 21 to 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

The PZF for my parents house. Grossly jealous.

Thanks for posting your parents' forecast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Still pixie dust in Western Fairfax County more than a little jealous about everyone posting how this has saved the storm and how great this band is. Also the gravity waves are a good sign that the second part of the storm could be better than expected. At least it is down to 28 degrees so mixing seems unlikely and good snowfall ratios.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Imgoinhungry said:

Actually decent snow in Frederick and roads finally caved.  

Agree(im in Urbana), just came from outside. Coming down at a good clip now, giving a good covering over everything that was exposed earlier today.  Hoping the rates hold up for a few hours at least tonight. At least before the lull again(and maybe coastal bands).

• Like 1

Just now, MDSnowyWxTracker said:

Agree(im in Urbana), just came from outside. Coming down at a good clip now, giving a good covering over everything that was exposed earlier today.  Hoping the rates hold up for a few hours at least tonight. At least before the lull again(and maybe coastal bands).

Hoping for 2+ inches tomorrow as well.  

• Like 1

Definitely getting some enhancements here over the last hour. Also, a noted uptick in wind.. Not much, but when snowblowing it can start covering you in the snow you are blowing when it starts blowing. LOL! 
This is our beat stretch since this morning

4 minutes ago, Ka60 said:

Clarksburg 7:45PM Jan31 3.8"  SN-

Wow, that’s an awesome total compared to my location which is just a few miles away. I’m in Damascus and have 2.5”. My area never had any moderate snow with higher ratio flakes. Myby has been mostly pixe dust. Hopefully tomorrow will yield another inch or two.

44 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Moderate snow is Smithsburg.

4" on the dot.

25 degrees 

Where in Smithsburg? I live near the schools and have about 1.5” and light snow. You must be on the mountain?  I stand corrected, I just went out and took an official measurement.  3” on the button and coming down maybe better than it has all day.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic