Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

It improved the wrap around across the area tomorrow. This would be snow after 12z tomorrow 10-1 map. Ratios would probably be better.

1773D479-8B5F-40FD-B1D5-1486BF29A934.thumb.png.84bd3b17afc217d2ca740a075259db5e.png

It’s not huge but first improvement in a while with that. I’ve been looking for signs the ccb will activate better. The mid level low to our west seems slightly south of progs and the flow is pretty decent to get moisture transport into the area. 

That’s really all I’m looking at..where the MLL  h7&h85 align. That and our fetch from the ocean and the trajectory. That plus checking in on current obs to compare the two. It seems through the day it’s been consistently traversing slightly S if models. 

• Like 1

Just now, DDweatherman said:

That’s really all I’m looking at..where the MLL  h7&h85 align. That and our fetch from the ocean and the trajectory. That plus checking in on current obs to compare the two. It seems through the day it’s been consistently traversing slightly S if models. 

Keep talking dirty....

man, Euro gives you me and PSU another 6+. That’d put us near a foot. I’d be more than thrilled. 

• Like 1

Still getting pixie dust falling in Herndon just plain disappointing to get pixie dust all day. We still have not gotten 3'' inches of snow but I got to sled for 2 plus hours so I'm mainly fine with this storm even though it was a bust. Unless the wrap around band is good which is not impossible. Also what caused us to get pixie dust all day I think it probably was just the forcing being weak because anytime the snow got heavier the pixie dust snowflakes went away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

5 minutes ago, Loudoun Ranger said:

Long time lurker here and love the discussions. Hi everyone!

Came to ask if there is anywhere I can bet the under on Euro from now on?

Wow, here in thee Western Suburbs of Philadelphia south of West Chester does better than I thought. I may not get screwed over after all.

Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 21. Wind chill values between 10 and 15. Northeast wind 5 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible. 
Monday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 27. Wind chill values between 10 and 15. Blustery, with a northeast wind 15 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible. 
Monday Night
Periods of snow. Low around 26. Wind chill values between 10 and 15. Blustery, with a north wind 21 to 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

The PZF for my parents house. Grossly jealous.
  • Sad 2

Just now, jayyy said:

He says this just as the radar is beginning to blossom over the bay and head right toward Baltimore too 

I must be looking at a different radar than y’all...some good stuff north west of Baltimore...south and southwest of Baltimore is all spotty light precipitation..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

I must be looking at a different radar than y’all...some good stuff north west of Baltimore...south and southwest of Baltimore is all spotty light precipitation..

I am over in Roland Park/Mt Washington area and I can assure you it is perfectly good stuff here at the moment, and it looks like it holds here for several hours. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic