Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

3 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Pretty much the same obs here.  NAM nest was pretty good very short term...even though it was overdone a bit.  Lets see what this next batch does...

What's your thoughts on the CCB tomorrow? Seems we are a bit to far west. Frederick east looks to have a shot. We should still see some lighter snow/ snow showers throughout the day.

12 minutes ago, blizzardmeiser said:

Worst ever. Just to the east was hit hard.

The forecasts for that storm were so horrendously bad that I stopped paying attention to the forecasts for the rest of that winter; apparently there was another major forecast bust at the beginning of March 2001 that I fortunately missed

1 minute ago, kgottwald said:

The forecasts for that storm were so horrendously bad that I stopped paying attention to the forecasts for the rest of that winter; apparently there was another major forecast bust at the beginning of March 2001 that I fortunately missed

Yes March 4-6. Predicted 12-18 got less than 3. Just missed....

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Not sure if it’s the whiskey, but to my clouded eyes, the radar is looking much improved for around here for the next few hours.

Beginning to see some building of the radar to our SW and connection of the two areas of precip. Check out a more zoomed out radar. Hi-Def radar app is legit on iOS

• Like 1

So the DC metro area was forecast to receive 4-8" of snow.  After this is all over, it seems that forecast will verify.  Granted it will take 48 hours of sporadic light snow to get there, but I wonder why there is so much gloom in this forum.  The heavier snow was always going to be further NE.  At least it wasn't a complete whiff like 12/30/2000 or 12/26/2010 or countless others.  

• Like 1

Just now, Snow36 said:

Wish I could be there for this.. I've temporarily relocated to MO, aka no more noreasters for me :( . Anyway, here's an update from the wunderground station near my old house in Olney:  light snow, 27. 

Don’t worry man. It’s probably far less stressful knowing you’ll rarely see snow than to be teased into believing you’ll get a foot every week, just to have it taken away within 48 hours LOL

• Haha 1

Just now, Deer Whisperer said:

That was the last time I saw moderate sized flakes. Should've made that more clear. It's been very light all day

Yeah light here too.  Steady all day but light for the most part.  Couple times it started to pop then fizzled. Accumulating now but mainly freezing snow needles light but steady.  

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic