• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

Not doing a proper snow board, but there's a solid 2" on smooth surfaces right now (a bit north of DTSS). It's enough for the kids to throw snowballs and sled, not enough to really go nuts or bother shoveling yet. 

Essentially nothing but snow dust right now. Its not accumulating. (eta at 2:33pm it's legitimately snowing again) 

30 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Wha? I just wanna know what to expect/not expect, that's all...not sure why you're condescending. Now, what I didn't know was what you said about the proximity--50-70 miles of here...so it can go anywhere in that zone? I gotcha...so that's the possibility. See I wasn't sure how far or how close ya had to be to it (because I'm still learning)

I had assumed since the NAM was showing what it did, that getting more than an inch or two from the coastal was kinda off the table, so what the globals showed was a tad surprising. But if the possibility is still there, great. All the more reason 6-10" was a good call, lol

I'm not trying to be condescending. I'm speaking for the group. I'm not jumping all over a single post. I'm trying to slow down a repetitive pattern that literally over 1k people read daily during events.

I've only been legit active again here since Friday night and since then, you constantly ask for specifics and back yard comfirmation (directly and indirectly) for a good outcome. The uncertainty of it combined with hardwired deep rooted need for snow (we're all the same) is getting to you and it's obvious. Yes, it's frustrating. I have over 15 straight years on this board feeling that same exact frustration. Thing is, nobody here can accurately give you the confirmation you're looking for and neither can a weather model. You dont seem at ease with any answers given so you keep asking. 

Go back and read all your question posts after each model suite since Friday night and then consider my original post again. I'm not trying to be an ass. I'm trying to help you become a better and more enjoyable poster here. Back in 2006 I got my chops busted HARD on EasternWx from long timers for a lot of similar reasons. I didnt get mad or offended at all. Quite the opposite actually. I took the advice to heart and improved ever since. That's what this is about. Not me being a jerk trying to piss you off for sadistic pleasure. 

Your yard has a much better chance at good snow after today than mine and imo your yard doesnt have good odds either. But that doeant mean you 100% for sure wont get hit flush with pt 2. It's down to pulling off a smallish miracle (imo only). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, dukeblue219 said:

OK who went for a walk with mPING? 

Thanks for the indirect reminder to reinstall mPING app, which I forgot to do a month or so ago for the winter season.
BTW, 34.3 with a fine, though steady pixie dust snow falling here for the past 3-4 hours. Haven't been out, so NO idea how much measurable snow has fallen, though eyeballing it, I'm guessing between 2"-3" with some compaction.

1 minute ago, wxtrix said:

mean old Bob Chill won’t let the weenies have their imaginary snow.  

and you might as well resort to snark—they might not understand reason, but they recognize snark.

Any suggestions who can teach him how to be snarky?:P

• Haha 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic