Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

25 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Getting ready to take the puppies out again...still holding to my old rule once the snow starts stop looking at the radar...it takes too much joy out of what's falling. 

Agree, watching radar definitely takes the joy away. Although there is not much snow joy happening here right now- barely snowing with just under 2” so far. I’m hoping to see some nice flakes at some point.

11 minutes ago, dukeblue219 said:

The Amazon guys are still out making their rounds. Maybe that's our new threshold for a winter storm? 

Ha, yes they are. I just went out for a long run and pretty much the only people I saw were Amazon drivers and a couple shovelers and dog walkers. Timing of my run wasn't great. Was a lot of needles right in my eyes. Should have left a little earlier when it was ripping fatties.

I'm probably closing in on 2 inches. If we can get things going through the evening like models showed, I don't see any reason why 4-6 won't verify.

• Like 1

Just now, high risk said:

.... although it has a nice band going through Baltimore early Tuesday

Yeah, that's about the best thing that can be said about the Euro. Otherwise, it's a total whiff. I'll hold out some hope maybe the HRRR starts trending our way and something weird happens, but I think we all know where this is going for Monday/Tuesday.

Snow picking up just a little. Fine flakes. Looks like it’s falling on an angle more from the NE now. Temp has dropped past few hours from 30 to 28. About/almost 2” eyeballing. Using windy.com, it looks like one low center is around Indianapolis and another near Columbia, SC.  Best pressure falls between Va Tidewater and Charleston , SC. 

Euro kinda just took a dump on my area. Saw it coming. Was shifting the deform band a little northeast every run and finally pretty much took it away completely.  Does swing that band through Tuesday but on the EDGE so even a 10 mile adjustment east with that and the coastal is pretty much a total bust even up here. Oh well it happens.  Still close...if it corrects back 30 miles suddenly It’s on again but these last minute miller b trends don’t seem to reverse that often. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic