Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

9 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Anyone trying to bank much on the coastal south of I-70 was definitely in prayer mode. The RGEM runs were fun in a cosmic way and it was great to joke around for a time, but unless other guidance started showing something similar, I just remained skeptical and cautionary, waiting to see if it kept it up and others joined in.

I thought the NAMs, the NSSL, the HRRR this morning, the ARW, the NMM, and the HREF would start to come around to the globals but they have shown the exact opposite. It would be a brutal beat for the local NWS offices, and that’s my main reason I feel down. If you haven’t worked in a NWS office, you don’t realize the amount of trust you lose busting a forecast like this and you get berated from all different directions and have to re-earn trust again. It would suck and I would feel for my colleagues. People are stupid and suck and don’t understand weather and it makes the matter worse.

I’m also still recovering from a back injury. I’m much better than a week ago, but I’m not 100%. I am irritated of how this year started and I have other personal stuff with family I’m not gonna talk about. It’s a tough time for me and seeing my friends here get pasted would make me happy. Hopefully everyone enjoys the snow today. I know I’d be out driving around in it, having an absolute blast. It’s such a joy for me and I miss it and I miss home.

Just want to say that I myself am dealing with some yet undiagnosed health issues currently and really feel for you right now. I never had the this is it feeling with this system, yes I know it is not scientific but call it mothers instinct. Hang in there and you can always count on me for yummy food posts in Banter. :)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

CMC mutilates Eastern PA. Geez.

17” for Baltimore city ain’t bad either. 

You can really see how close we are on the development of this storm to getting a biggie here. The timing is JUST off. Could models be wrong and things work out in our favor? Unlikely, but god damn to me, it seems worth watching man. Especially for my area. 

1 minute ago, jayyy said:

17” for Baltimore city ain’t bad either. 

You can really see how close we are on the development of this storm to getting a biggie here. The timing is JUST off. Could models be wrong and things work out in our favor? Unlikely, but god damn to me, it seems worth watching man. Especially for my area. 

It doesn’t show 17” for Baltimore. He posted a 204 hr forecast 

23 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Anyone trying to bank much on the coastal south of I-70 was definitely in prayer mode. The RGEM runs were fun in a cosmic way and it was great to joke around for a time, but unless other guidance started showing something similar, I just remained skeptical and cautionary, waiting to see if it kept it up and others joined in.

I thought the NAMs, the NSSL, the HRRR this morning, the ARW, the NMM, and the HREF would start to come around to the globals but they have shown the exact opposite. It would be a brutal beat for the local NWS offices, and that’s my main reason I feel down. If you haven’t worked in a NWS office, you don’t realize the amount of trust you lose busting a forecast like this and you get berated from all different directions and have to re-earn trust again. It would suck and I would feel for my colleagues. People are stupid and suck and don’t understand weather and it makes the matter worse.

I’m also still recovering from a back injury. I’m much better than a week ago, but I’m not 100%. I am irritated of how this year started and I have other personal stuff with family I’m not gonna talk about. It’s a tough time for me and seeing my friends here get pasted would make me happy. Hopefully everyone enjoys the snow today. I know I’d be out driving around in it, having an absolute blast. It’s such a joy for me and I miss it and I miss home.

Praying for your recovery 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic