Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

5 minutes ago, AACOUNTYMD said:

Being east of the DC against the Bay, I am hoping that what ever banding occurs, that we might be in a better spot to benefit?   Thoughts anyone?  I am a teacher who actually teaches actual kids in an actual classroom, so a snow day would still be an actual snow day for us!  

I’m in Annapolis and generally the farther north and east you are, the better banding you’ll see. Being against the Bay also keeps us a bit warmer though due to the marine layer so we may mix for longer. 

• Like 2

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

That should fill some. You can see the stuff in central VA starting to come more NE...should be some filling down around Charlottesville and feeding NE. But the question will be the rates. If we just get this pixie dust all day there’s no way I’m getting more than 2” and the roads will never be covered 

Yea, but just 2 hours ago, some were arguing that it wasn’t even a real dry slot — just bad radar over Wear Virginia  -/ and yet, here we are with dry slot already to Fairfax

B4 I go back outside I want to drop a quick thought or 2. NAMs can eat an 8th of mushrooms sometimes but what they showed yesterday made a lot of sense to me. The solutions were literally the most common general outcomes of nearly all previous similar storms. It's debatable that us getting in on any goods keeps this type of event off the blowout loss list and into a well fought close game list that leaves fans feeling ok about the team. Yea, it could be better but man, it could be far far worse too. 

I'm not the thought police so everybody just do everybody. I get it. Me personally, I'm damn sure not going to let the lack of pt2 ruin today. I'm a battle scarred weenie and the simple fact that my yard is actually getting enough snow to cover everything sets this event apart from adding to my ptsd. 

Ob: 2.4" so far. Will update when 3-4" piles up. 

Eta: imo, it's too early to say pt 2 is a fail. History says that it prob will be but we havent crossed the point of no return for surprise coastal love for people somewhere in our sub

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Lots of back and forth between flurries and light snow. Saw rates back off and pick up about three times over the course of a 4.5 mile walk.

Went out for a mile for every inch it's snowed.

I imagine storm totals will come in around 5. A bit lower than I'd like. 

But it snowed. On a weekend. I'm out to make a snowman with my kids. It's a good time.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic