Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

2 minutes ago, high risk said:

I'm looking at the 24h QPF totals between 12z Monday and 12z Tuesday.      GFS para looks considerably drier to me.

Huh, yeah I see that now, but total precip through Wednesday morning is very similar. Haven’t looked close enough yet to see where para makes it back up.

14 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The gfs gives me another .75 of QPF. I will take that in a heartbeat. It is lightyears better than what the meso's are showing. 

Am I the only one in awe of the disparity there? GFS insists we I-81 folks get 8-14 inches, and the NAM’s are a fraction of that. I’d like to think the GFS has a better idea as it hasn’t budged in a number of runs now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Huh, yeah I see that now, but total precip through Wednesday morning is very similar. Haven’t looked close enough yet to see where para makes it back up.

It's heavier during the 00-03z or so window this evening - could be a sneaky period of moderate snow (or sleet, per the NAM nest) here before a change to light sleet or rain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

Might be logging off for the rest of the event. I have a ton of friends who work at Mount Holly and CTP. If the NAM's and the latest Hi Res are right, they are going to get absolutely hammered by the public. It would be a terrible time to score a coup for the NAM. If my map busts, oh well. If theirs does, they take a beating. What a massive kick in the groin if this model suite is right.

Don’t say that...if the coastal craps out it’s not so bad for south of me. They get 4-8” from the WAA but almost all my snow has to be from the corral. I’m getting fringed by the WAA 

Just now, osfan24 said:

GFS is actually painful to look at when Philly and NYC are actually buried. That was supposed to be us. 2+ feet. We gotta catch a break at some point.

Exactly. I’ve been saying this all morning. What we have outside would be impressive for March.  I get not getting the coastal- fine. But when WAA snows produce about 2 inches on the grass in late January with temps below freezing, sorry I just can’t get excited about it. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, ovechkin said:

Exactly. I’ve been saying this all morning. What we have outside would be impressive for March.  I get not getting the coastal- fine. But when WAA snows produce about 2 inches on the grass in late January with temps below freezing, sorry I just can’t get excited about it. 

Have you reported to the Panic Room to take your place among the reaped, then? 

• Like 1

Just now, ovechkin said:

We just don’t have the rates so far. It snowed decently around 830-9am for like a half hour and ever since it’s been pixie dust 

1 minute ago, ovechkin said:

And it certainly looks like the big dry slot is about to head into DC., within an hour or so.

Just now, Kmlwx said:

Have you reported to the Panic Room to take your place among the reaped, then? 

Noting light snow that won’t accumulate seems like an observation to me. Should we pick up some rates and this start to look like something legit, I will post it as well. 

Just now, real said:

And it certainly looks like the big dry slot is about to head into DC., within an hour or so.

That should fill some. You can see the stuff in central VA starting to come more NE...should be some filling down around Charlottesville and feeding NE. But the question will be the rates. If we just get this pixie dust all day there’s no way I’m getting more than 2” and the roads will never be covered 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic