• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

And just like that, NWS upped the totals for my folks in NY to 14-18+ - I just told them I hate them so much in the most loving way possible. 

I KNEW this had New York and New England special written all over it. Been saying it all week long. I should have trusted my gut and I got bit for it. 

2 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Here's my Only Forecast Map

Could be a little high on the southern piece, but from looking at guidance, this is my estimate for the storm. This also doesn't include up to a 0.1" of ice accretion tonight into Monday morning for Central MD and southern PA

1665009412_SnowForecast1-31to2-1.thumb.png.40c871052e9735bfb4ede34e452512f2.png

Thanks for converging 3 zones literally at my house!  Awesome 

166692BC-7AAD-4BD8-9C29-5E66C1CD31EB.jpeg.3cf4830ff1853e4505933371cf2a8e32.jpeg

It’s like a choose your own adventure for me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, jayyy said:

And just like that, NWS upped the totals for my folks in NY to 14-18+ - I just told them I hate them so much in the most loving way possible. 

I KNEW this had New York and New England special written all over it. I should have trusted my gut and I got bit. 

Yeah my parents and brother all live in NY so I’ve been following it for them.  Pretty nice pressure gradient setting up so even though the storm isn’t that deep it’s going to be near blizzard for them.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see blizzard warnings hoisted for NYC and LI.  Oh well though, that’s for them, getting some bigger flakes here in Takoma Park again and rates improving a bit. 

• Like 1

28/20 no wind at all. It’s too cloudy to see but the real problem is there must be one of those little prop planes they send up from  Westminster circling around over head and whoever is flying that thing has the worst case of dandruff I’ve ever seen. It’s disgusting. Getting all over everything.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I doubted this thing all week but finally bought in yesterday and believed we were getting 6 inches plus.  The joke's on me.  I forgot to use the Mid-Atlantic Miller Bust Formula -- take your predicted range, and divide the lower number by half.  For example predicted 6-10 you're getting 3.

Now I will not believe in any system no matter what the models show.  Bring on spring.

About 1.5" and barely snowing, sky brightening.

• Like 2

Just now, BlizzardNole said:

I doubted this thing all week but finally bought in yesterday and believed we were getting 6 inches plus.  The joke's on me.  I forgot to use the Mid-Atlantic Miller Bust Formula -- take your predicted range, and divide the lower number by half.  For example predicted 6-10 you're getting 3.

Now I will not believe in any system no matter what the models show.  Bring on spring.

About 1.5" and barely snowing, sky brightening.

We're pretty close to living in the same place. I'm thinking, seriously, that we get more snow from our December snow than we get with this one. 3.5" is the target.

Don’t worry guys - all we need is the coastal to pop way further south than progged, bomb out, and for all models to be wrong. What could possibly go wrong? ;)

For Baltimore metro and points NNE, I haven’t quite lost all hope on the coastal yet. Won’t take much to get solid banding into NE sections of the CWA. But man... it’s looking bleak for DC, most of Maryland, and VA for anything too substantial from part 2. 

unreal. 

• Haha 2

Just now, jayyy said:

Don’t worry guys - all we need is the coastal to pop way further south than progged, bomb out, and for all models to be wrong. What could possibly go wrong? ;)

Exactly! Wasn't the formula for this that the less we got from Part 1, the better our chances for a big Part 2? Right? Anyone?

• Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic