Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

30 minutes ago, dukeblue219 said:

Why am I sitting here analyzing HRRR dry slots instead of enjoying the snow while it falls? 

Completely understand. It’s this addictive hobby where it can be pouring snow IMBY for 12 hours and I need somebody to tell me to stop staring at coastal models for tomorrow. Or even worse—long range. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Mini band #2 setting in. Should crack 2.5cms with this one. My new strategy when my yard is obviously not getting jacked is switching to metric. Coping mechanism. Working brilliantly right now. Should easily crack 5cms before noon.

Ha!  I should have set my bar at 6 cm instead of 6 inches.  It's starting to look like that split where south of us does better with the thump and the coastal misses us north.  I'd be surprised to see more than 3" total now.

The NAM's still want absolutely nothing to do with the coastal for the area up through Mon 21z. Nam Nest is a massive FU to SE PA too and all the fun is north of the turnpike. The 12km NAM is ramping up the CCB to the north, but it'll be way too late for here unless we see a Euro-like vort piece rotate down later in the run.  

• Sad 1

Just now, Dabuckeyes said:

Are roads covering there? Driving back from Hershey and snow is just starting here. 83 can get sloppy fast

Not sure about main roads, but side roads are instant coverage.  Coming down pretty good now, so I would think some main roads are covered, but they usually do a good job keeping 83 pretty clear.  Drive safe!  Hershey open now?  Rides and everything?

6 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Ha!  I should have set my bar at 6 cm instead of 6 inches.  It's starting to look like that split where south of us does better with the thump and the coastal misses us north.  I'd be surprised to see more than 3" total now.

In Clarksburg we have over 1.5" already approaching 2"!

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

The NAM's still want absolutely nothing to do with the coastal for the area up through Mon 21z. Nam Nest is a massive FU to SE PA too and all the fun is north of the turnpike. The 12km NAM is ramping up the CCB to the north, but it'll be way too late for here unless we see a Euro-like vort piece rotate down later in the run.  

Even the RGEM/HRDPS are decently NE of the area basing off the earlier runs. I'm sure we'll get light stuff Monday but I think this is the main show for a lot of us (the today stuff). It's gorgeous out there so I'm certainly not complaining. Looking over at the long term thread it seems we may not be done either. Pretty Sunday!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Even the RGEM/HRDPS are decently NE of the area basing off the earlier runs. I'm sure we'll get light stuff Monday but I think this is the main show for a lot of us (the today stuff). It's gorgeous out there so I'm certainly not complaining. Looking over at the long term thread it seems we may not be done either. Pretty Sunday!

Yup. Take what you can get and hope. I'm glad y'all are enjoying some snow today! 

5 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Interesting location ( bottom image )  , not sure about that,  but we will see. 

image.png.f0cc0a9976914813243c11434decc93c.png

700wh.us_ma.png

Just now, SnowtoRain said:

Yeah early afternoon is advertised  to be the heaviest rates 

I suspect it will becoming down hardest as the warmer air aloft is approaching later, then the sleet mixes in.

I hope we get dry slotted with just some drizzle when the warmer air comes in at the surface as the coastal is getting going. If we are to get some decent snow on the backside it would be nice if some of what falls today can survive.

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

As much as we try to discredit the nam I got to give it some credit. I believe it was the first to show the CCB developing to far north and now most other models show that to some extent. 

It was also  the first to show the north movement of the storm back in December. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic