Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

2 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

Doesn't this seem like an incredibly weak precip depiction for a sub-990 L? 

Storm blew its load and occluded by that panel. All the good stuff happens during the deepening phase. By hr 72 it's a tired old man ready for bed. Kinda like me right now

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Just now, psuhoffman said:

A lot of guidance is trending towards pinwheeling the low around on Tuesday and swinging snow back through the area north of DC.  Have to see if that is real...and if we can get it to happen maybe a bit further south.  

Yeah this trend is real. And some of the crappier short terms have us in the deforms already. I'll take 4-8" with the opportunity for upside any day here. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

A lot of guidance is trending towards pinwheeling the low around on Tuesday and swinging snow back through the area north of DC.  Have to see if that is real...and if we can get it to happen maybe a bit further south.  

Yeah in Baltimore the best 6 hr period is 18z tuesday

"Storm blew its load and occluded by that panel. All the good stuff happens during the deepening phase. By hr 72 it's a tired old man ready for bed."

This is signature material... 

Weather related comment though is it seems like the difference betweeen 4-6 and something more is whether that retrograde is real...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Amped said:

Yeah in Baltimore the best 6 hr period is 18z tuesday

yea that stall and wrapping banding across northern MD for days is great and all...and sometimes it doesn't take much QPF to rack up totals in those bands...fluff...but its risky relying on that...some of that is still 60 hours away and if you take out that last band that wraps through MD really doesn't get a whole lot from the coastal.  

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

yea that stall and wrapping banding across northern MD for days is great and all...and sometimes it doesn't take much QPF to rack up totals in those bands...fluff...but its risky relying on that...some of that is still 60 hours away and if you take out that last band that wraps through MD really doesn't get a whole lot from the coastal.  

so... assuming its right, what happened? what took us from elated to feeling robbed in 12h? 

To any cliff jumpers up there, it's not over yet.  I'm rooting for y'all to get deformed (not really, I hate you all and want to move back to NoVa but houses are too damn expensive and I can make the same money in Richmond for a lot cheaper, but I'm contemplating taking a pay cut to have better snow chances.).

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, NovaTarHeel said:

To any cliff jumpers up there, it's not over yet.  I'm rooting for y'all to get deformed (not really, I hate you all and want to move back to NoVa but houses are too damn expensive and I can make the same money in Richmond for a lot cheaper, but I'm contemplating taking a pay cut to have better snow chances.).

You, sir, get my vote for realest post of the evening, narrowly edging out Bob with the "blown load" comment a few minutes ago. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic