Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

12 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Where the hell is @Don Cherry's Jacket?   Still by far the best screenname here.

No doubt. And a hilarious avatar to go with it. I did run into one on a different interest forum that killed me. Dude's name was AmishRakeFights and had an avatar of 2 Amish dudes in a standoff holding rakes.  Maybe it's a reference to something and I don't know it but for reasons I dont really understand, I literally cracked up whenever he posted

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, ILIKERAKE said:

Wassup everyone, just joined.  Love reading yalls posts. Let's get this thing crankin! 

I brought cupcakes :snowman: 

https://tenor.com/view/cupcakes-dessert-cupcake-cupcake-day-national-cupcake-day-gif-17806175

Welcome to (mostly) snowloverville: population: snowhounds (colloquially called weenies) crazy about snow! :lol:

• Weenie 1

Just now, Bob Chill said:

No doubt. And a hilarious avatar to go with it. I did run into one on a different interest forum that killed me. Dude's name was AmishRakeFights and had an avatar of 2 Amish dudes in a standoff holding rakes.  Maybe it's a reference to something and I don't but for reason I dont really understand, I literally cracked up whenever he posted

I love names like that.  Dude doesn't post much, but I don't know why his name brings me so much joy.  Even if he did something wrong, I'd probably never ban or warn him just because of his name.  That's a rare pass.  It's like an Pasta for Life card at OG.

On second thought, that's more of an insult. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

No doubt. And a hilarious avatar to go with it. I did run into one on a different interest forum that killed me. Dude's name was AmishRakeFights and had an avatar of 2 Amish dudes in a standoff holding rakes.  Maybe it's a reference to something and I don't but for reason I dont really understand, I literally cracked up whenever he posted

And that avatar has one of the milder jackets Don Cherry would wear.  The floral pattern jackets were rather memorable when he was on Hockey Night in Canada.

Euro in 10 minutes.

12 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

This will be my daughter's first real experience with snow.  She was 3 months old back in 2019 when we got around 10" (so that doesn't count).  Then she briefly saw some snow in early 2020 (pre-pandemic), so she was just over a year, when we were visiting some friends outside NYC in NJ.

My son is 8 months old so this will be his first accumulating snow.  We got some light snow earlier in the month and took him to the door to see his "first snow flakes" and he was unimpressed.  He must get that from his mother :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

This will be my daughter's first real experience with snow.  She was 3 months old back in 2019 when we got around 10" (so that doesn't count).  Then she briefly saw some snow in early 2020 (pre-pandemic), so she was just over a year, when we were visiting some friends outside NYC in NJ.

10" where? In DC? I was up in NY then so trying to put the pieces together. 

2 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

yeah Jan 2019.  I think the higher amounts were fairly localized.

Wow I must have kind of ignored that one because it didn't register up north. After 2016-2017 NYC wasn't the greatest spot to be in, but it still beat the worst winters around here. 

It's weird because Jason from the Capital Weather Gang said this would be the first significant snow since 2016...I did a double take when he said that tbh, didn't sound right. Maybe I'm missing the context though. 

3 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

10" where? In DC? I was up in NY then so trying to put the pieces together. 

It was a really strange storm. I ended up with 11" but the way it happened wasnt really something I considered until it was happening. Not a big sized storm or anything classic with how it went down. Just a very rare reverse bust for the lucky people. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It was a really strange storm. I ended up with 11" but the way it happened wasnt really something I considered until it was happening. Not a big sized storm or anything classic with how it went down. Just a very rare reverse bust for the lucky people. 

Wish Ray's Winter Storm Archive went further than 2012-2013. Hard to find comprehensive documentation of past storms after that. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Wish Ray's Winter Storm Archive went further than 2012-2013. Hard to find comprehensive documentation of past storms after that. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

FWIW. Probably not a lot. Looks a lot like the NAM/HRRR, though.

RAP.PNG

Ughhh. Now THAT looks like a typical Miller B screw job for our area. We'll see what happens. There's always a chance that CCB sets up south. With the low placement where it's projected, it's not impossible. Also in my memory overrunning tends to be under modeled but maybe I'm wrong. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic