Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

3 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

I offered one opinion on one model...I've posted here several times tonight and am clearly not a troll. I have no problem with any of you and all of you just jumped down my throat for what I think is a very objective take. I'll let you decide whether you think that's okay. But I'm not going anywhere.

My fault. I thought you were trolling. Carry on. 

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

I’m guessing that this bit might actually be making it to the ground. Gives me time to take an hourlong cat nap.

0e3191e03462370fc08879b722718934.png

Yep. It is beautiful in Lynchburg. Mod/heavy snow with large flakes, everything caving, and it appears to have put down close to an inch in an hour (need to go out and measure). 

• Like 5

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

If that would make it okay for me to be here, no problem. I'm sorry, I just moved back here. 

I hope everyone gets their snow. 

Have you been in this sub during winters before? There's a long history of people dropping in to tell us how it works in these parts. Especially when their yard is an obvious crush zone. You popping in from harlem telling someome how it is who's been around this board for like 20 years is looked at as being disrespectful. It's not nefarious or mean. It's just calling people out and letting them know to knock it off out of respect and courtesy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

I offered one opinion on one model...I've posted here several times tonight and am clearly not a troll. I have no problem with any of you and all of you just jumped down my throat for what I think is a very objective take. I'll let you decide whether you think that's okay. But I'm not going anywhere.

Nyc took the storm the euro promised us for days. Caught us at a bad time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ephesians2 said:

Yep. It is beautiful in Lynchburg. Mod/heavy snow with large flakes, everything caving, and it appears to have put down close to an inch in an hour (need to go out and measure). 

Perfect. Hoping that this first band holds up and delivers. HRRR has me with 2" on the ground in the next five hours or so -- that bit looks to be a crucial part.

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Have you been in this sub during winters before? There's a long history of people dropping in to tell us how it works in these parts. Especially when their yard is an obvious crush zone. You popping in from harlem telling someome how it is who's been around this board for like 20 years is looked at as being disrespectful. It's not nefarious or mean. It's just calling people out and letting them know to knock it off out of respect and courtesy

Ahhh I see. Ultimate irony because if I was still back there I'd be near the bullseye right now...Yeah I grew up in Ellicott City and moved to New York in 2013. I lost my job during covid and have been back here since. It's rough! I got used to those New York winters, felt like Christmas morning every few weeks up there. Then again, I'm very used to this pain. Been a weenie since fifth grade. 

Favorite storm easily is January 2000. I could tell just by looking at the radar (Bob Ryan was calling it) that we had a chance. But when I woke up, I'd totally forgotten about it until my dad poked his head in while I was brushing my teeth and said we had blizzard conditions outside. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scraff said:

Just a side note. Earlier—my kids asked me what time tomorrow would we have a enough snow for us to go on a “Jebwalk”?:wub:

Next to Bchill—you are legend as well my friend. Love when you chime in here from deep in the heart of TX. And so Mappy and team doesn’t zap my shit...how bout that GFS!? Looks like it might snow tomorrow....Monday....maybe Tuesday! I think that low is all TUCKED up. LOLz. 

I will ALWAYS pull for torrential snow for my old part of the country - The good old Washington Metropolitan Region!

All of you are in for a treat - and a LOT of heavy snow! That low has big plans for The Mid Atlantic, every last one of you snow enthusiasts. Get those shovels ready!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Perfect. Hoping that this first band holds up and delivers. HRRR has me with 2" on the ground in the next five hours or so -- that bit looks to be a crucial part.

Yeah that band that just passed SWVA into Lynchburg means business. I'm an hour or so west of Lynchburg in Franklin County VA and we picked up 1.25 inches in a hour. Roads are covered. 

• Like 7

This will be my daughter's first real experience with snow.  She was 3 months old back in 2019 when we got around 10" (so that doesn't count).  Then she briefly saw some snow in early 2020 (pre-pandemic), so she was just over a year, when we were visiting some friends outside NYC in NJ.

• Like 8

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic