Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Great!!!!  If DCA gets 5.7” that means MBY has at least 9” since DCA measures on a hot stovetop behind the engine of a Boeing 737.  

Usually its its Boeing 747s during the last week of January thru feb 30th.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, ovechkin said:

2 hours ago DCA was 32 and PHL was 31. Now DCA is 34 and PHL is 25. 

19 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

Dew points are rising in response to the storm and temps are reflecting that.  PHL probably still has dry air.

Skies have been mostly clear as well so there’s been some radiational cooling.

13 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I took the dog for a long walk and skipped waiting for each of the 0z panels like a heroin addict waiting for the clinic to open. My biggest worries are still not much to worry about. If my yard gets what the 0z globals have dished out, it would be high end compared to all other hybrids during ninas. Especially ninas that lacked cold. If that made me mad I'm in the wrong business

I always think it's fun to view things from a non-weenie perspective. If I had paid zero attention to this storm all week, and then I woke up tomorrow morning to mod snow with a forecast for 10" would I be bummed? Hell no!

If I can pick up 6" tomorrow and get outside all day to sled with my 3 year old, does it really matter that some patch of PA ended up with two feet? Nah, and we'll have fun regardless

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

This is a mellower, more refined, finely aged Bob Chill. I like it.

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

One of the best posts tonight. We missed you Bob. 

You guys may not feel the same way if the front side sucks and the backside untucks. Trolling spree quickly follows then a melt followed by going dark. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

You guys may not feel the same way if the front side sucks and the backside untucks. Trolling spree quickly follows then a melt followed by going dark. 

Bye Felicia! :lol:

eta: of course j/k. Don’t go dark again. Been great having you back. 

8 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

Thanks bud.  I'm in a pretty good spot, even with the north trend.  I think good chance I get 8"+

Oh nice. That def works and will be nice and cold. Perfect winter scene inbound. Little different than many events back in dc/va for you... 

I'm reasonable. I'd like to get 8". Less than 6 would be a bit of a letdown but not much. Especially if there's many hours of snow falling even if it doesnt pile up. I'd say a reasonable high end for my yard is a foot but that wont come easy. A really big event seems really unlikely this go around. 5" tomorrow and 3" with any deform action would be kick ass

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic