Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

Just now, psuhoffman said:

What are you looking at?  It gives DC about 8-10" south to north across the district.  

precipitation snow? or rain snow drizzle? that confuses a lot of people and what about dry moisture.  yeah i know ignore me.  

StormTotalSnowWeb1.thumb.png.f85ee72599ed666c70edc45e6e17c640.png

NWS updated totals and extended the 6-8" line a bit south of DC, and lowered 8-12" totals to the immediate north. Still a pretty decent event Remember that regardless of what falls, anything above 4" for the metro area is still one of the biggest La Nina snowfalls so far this century! Enjoy it everyone!! Certainly doesn't look to be our last threat of the year either. Anyways, goodnight, hoping to wake up to the WAA snows arriving at our doorstep :D

• Like 4

I took the dog for a long walk and skipped waiting for each of the 0z panels like a heroin addict waiting for the clinic to open. My biggest worries are still not much to worry about. If my yard gets what the 0z globals have dished out, it would be high end compared to all other hybrids during ninas. Especially ninas that lacked cold. If that made me mad I'm in the wrong business

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I took the dog for a long walk and skipped waiting for each of the 0z panels like a heroin addict waiting for the clinic to open. My biggest worries are still not much to worry about. If my yard gets what the 0z globals have dished out, it would be high end compared to all other hybrids during ninas. Especially ones that lacked cold. 

This is a mellower, more refined, finely aged Bob Chill. I like it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

CMC also puts the CCB in Eastern Pa/Northwestern NJ. But still looking at 6 inches in DC, 10 in Baltimore, maybe foot totals going up to the PA border in kuchera. Not as good of a run if you're on the Eastern shore. Not a super sharp fringe, but you definitely want to be as far north as you can be.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I took the dog for a long walk and skipped waiting for each of the 0z panels like a heroin addict waiting for the clinic to open. My biggest worries are still not much to worry about. If my yard gets what the 0z globals have dished out, it would be high end compared to all other hybrids during ninas. Especially ninas that lacked cold. If that made me mad I'm in the wrong business

One of the best posts tonight. We missed you Bob. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

Fwiw, on tonight's CWG live stream Jeff Halverson went with 3.5" for DCA while Jason went with 5.7"and Wes went with 4.1". 4-8 seems pretty high right now.

Great!!!!  If DCA gets 5.7” that means MBY has at least 9” since DCA measures on a hot stovetop behind the engine of a Boeing 737.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, baltosquid said:

CMC also puts the CCB in Eastern Pa/Northwestern NJ. But still looking at 6 inches in DC, 10 in Baltimore, maybe foot totals going up to the PA border in kuchera. Not as good of a run if you're on the Eastern shore. Not a super sharp fringe, but you definitely want to be as far north as you can be.

I don't quite get how Baltimore gets 10 inches with the CCB in that location...

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic