Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

2 hours ago, stormtracker said:

This mountain top of Cleveland Park does wonders.   In all seriousness, it kinda does.  I've been at work in marginal events down in SE near Nat's stadium and it's snowing for like hours with no stickage.  I get on on the subway and get home and it's a winter wonderland.  Always amazed by it.

Interesting topic. I'm in far SE across the river...pretty much everything is at elevation, you can see it across Sousa bridge and down 295. I'm at 143 feet elev. The block behind me is even higher. I looked up a topographic map of DC. It's basically a bowl, elevation is around the perimeters and flat in the middle (downtown). Lots of trees and green out this way too. Capitol Hill /Navy Yard SE is more 'inland' and similar to downtown. Amazing people think the only elevation is in NW...probably because of climo banding and temp on accumulation forecasts.

Navy Yard is just nonstop concrete and hot as inferno during the summer. I have no idea the thinking when all the green was removed.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Demeter said:

Radar is blowing up in western areas of Virginia. Any obs from Staunton?  Snowing?

The band IMO kinda sucked due to virga. Ate up most of it as it traversed my area around ROA. Once we got into the yellows it started to rip some but the fatties were far and few. Almost like pixie dust/dandruff. My dew was low 20s prior to initiation so I can imagine with dews north of me even drier it’s gonna take little time. I was going to actually ask to see if someone can prog what the dendritic growth looks like for the main WAA. Will we have better lift to produce bigger snowflakes come morning? 

• Like 2

GFS has trended southwest with the coastal low capture/stall the last several runs...but without having much impact on the CCB frustratingly lol.  But again its super close for DC...this run the capture and tuck happens right at OC which is exactly the latitude that puts DC on the edge for getting into the CCB.  

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

14 minutes ago, Jebman said:

7 inches AT LEAST in eastern Prince William County. At the very least. Everyone gets shellacked by heavy snow!

Just a side note. Earlier—my kids asked me what time tomorrow would we have a enough snow for us to go on a “Jebwalk”?:wub:

Next to Bchill—you are legend as well my friend. Love when you chime in here from deep in the heart of TX. And so Mappy and team doesn’t zap my shit...how bout that GFS!? Looks like it might snow tomorrow....Monday....maybe Tuesday! I think that low is all TUCKED up. LOLz. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic