Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

1 minute ago, yoda said:

1612353600-yMya1S7vkuE.png

Well, we're taking a bit of a beating on the trends tonight. Notwithstanding the GFS (which I cannot envision it trending for the better), it appears that a lot of the newer guidance, particularly the CAMs, are not as bullish beyond 00Z Monday. I would gladly take this ICON prog off of WB...if it were "deal or no deal" I'd be slamming my hand on that button so fast you wouldn't even see it. The problem is -- how much accumulation is progged after the changeover tomorrow evening? At this point, those of us in and around the beltway really cannot rely on additional accums Monday. Ergo, a high-end advisory for most (3-5" in 12 hours). Gosh I hope I'm wrong, but these trends are disturbing, though not never before seen with a Miller B.

• Like 3

Just now, AACOUNTYMD said:

I truly don't know  much more about weather than what I read on these boards. . . but I know how to read a room. . .  the euphoria that I saw late morning and in the afternoon has, well, virga'ed away?  Really?  

Doesn't look as good as earlier, especially now that the Euro and RGEM seem to be almost copies of each other, but there's still hope. That deform band is hard to pin down there's still over a day until it gets going.

Just now, AACOUNTYMD said:

I truly don't know  much more about weather than what I read on these boards. . . but I know how to read a room. . .  the euphoria that I saw late morning and in the afternoon has, well, virga'ed away?  Really?  

There's a huge winter storm coming with an outside shot at us getting 1'+, but it will be absolute luck. Of course people are nervous, lol.

Just toggled back through the RGEM run and it really wasn't that far away from being really good again. The best bands get so close to pivoting over us and they either go straight west across PA or start to drop down toward us and then just don't quite make it much past the PA/MD border. The favored spots in Northern MD are still very much in the game.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic