Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

2 minutes ago, jayyy said:

It develops just too late. Like... a mere 50 miles. Most of the good stuff is thrown to our north because of it. We are SO. SO close to having the euro jump on the RGEM train (albeit less QPF)

RGEM tucks all the way down almost to Norfolk.  It is not close to doing that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

1612108800-IqrV8oY8Phc.png

HRRR continues to look thumpy for the small Cville/Staunton crowd. 

Yessir!  NW of Staunton here at 1540’.  Need as much waa love as we can get, since the coastal will give us snow tv and a couple inches at most over many hours.

My biggest dilemma is that most will fall before daylight down here.  I might not sleep!  :snowing:

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

God I hate bringing up this storm but there was a time not long ago where the euro amd everything else lined up a great hit but in real time the upper low wobbled SE and slp ended up tucked and more than a little south of prog'd. This storm's result was a heartbreaker but we're talking a real time shift at hour 0 that the euro missed. It's a perpetual cycle of worry parsing it. A trend of getting the waa totals slashed AND losing the ccb piece to the north is worth worrying about tho. I'm not seeing it yet anywhere

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Ooh eeh ooh ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang.

ecmwf-deterministic-ma-total_snow_10to1-

Look at the snow totals count up by the hour once the deform part of the storm begins. It's snowing like a tenth of an inch of snow for hours on end. That ain't gonna get it done. I'm sure it has something to do with the resolution, but like was mentioned before, the low needs to tuck farther south to get the best deform. The Euro is probably about 100-150 miles north of the RGEM.

• Like 1

All I know Is I love Leesburg and as I'm looking for a new place to live later this year or next it's going to be in Western Loudoun somewhere but for this storm, at least so far with these models....I'm glad I'm in Sykesville. Who knows how it ultimately works out but right now I'm a big fan of the lighter shade of pink. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Amped said:

Improved for the NW crew. About the same everywhere else.

At this point the NW crew really has nothing to fret over. Short of waa being drier and the coastal shitting the bed at last minute, we will do well up here. :snowing:

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic