Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

Just now, caviman2201 said:

The air is crazy dry right now... We may deal with a lot of virga but temps should plummet once we get echoes overhead

I think LWX mentioned it in one of their AFDs, going to take a little bit for the air to saturate with it being so dry, especially further north you go

Just now, HighStakes said:

And they can often over perform.

Yea, no doubt. The key ingredient is no wasting qpf with warm ground or dicey mids/crappy snow growth. One wrench that could bug a few people if it happens is if sw of us get raked and overperform. That doesnt extrapolate well because weakening dynamics after the birth of the coastal can sometimes hit the dimmer switch. I have a pretty good feeling part 1 wont have any drastic hiccups in the wrong direction. I'm thinking 5" is the most likely amount for my yard at this point. Column is great at the start so ratios may be better than 10:1 instead of less when it's warmer. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

I think LWX mentioned it in one of their AFDs, going to take a little bit for the air to saturate with it being so dry, especially further north you go

This is true. Luckily, the storm is juiced and waa typicslly saturates the column without too much loss . Models take that into account so it's not a big concern. Not in the same universe as a clipper coming over the apps. Radar loop looks like my yard gets hit solid but if my yard sneezed all my snow would be gone. 

• Like 1

Soil is already pretty much 32 so that’s good. 

2 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Probably just noise, but clicking between the end of the 22z and 21z HRRR's show the low trending further south and weaker. Something to watch going forward maybe? 

I did notice the slight south, but wasn’t paying attention to the strength.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic