Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 30-February 1 Winter Storm Part 2

Hoosier

1 minute ago, RCNYILWX said:

Solid SN borderline + here with good wind, which bodes well for when the really heavy stuff lifts in. Had the kids out in it and they were loving it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Candid thought time... do you think you'd be inclined to bump totals in some areas?

2 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Solid SN borderline + here with good wind, which bodes well for when the really heavy stuff lifts in. Had the kids out in it and they were loving it.

Can we expect to see that heavy band make it's way north to ORD? 

Can we expect to see that heavy band make it's way north to ORD? 

It seems possible the absolute heaviest returns may not quite make it but that's also partly a function of a different character of the snow underneath the highest reflectivity. Very large rimed flakes have higher reflectivity than typical dendrites. The stuff over the northeast half or third of the metro 25-30+ dBZ will be more than enough to stack.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, blue60007 said:

Haven't posted in a while but thought this was a good reason to... just had a loud clap of thunder about 5 minutes ago on the east side of Indy!!! I'm eyeballing about 4 inches on the ground here.

Totally missed this. What's up my friend? Long time, no chat. Congrats on the thunder!

Candid thought time... do you think you'd be inclined to bump totals in some areas?
Once we get an idea on ratios and how much heavy snow is left will give a better idea of exactly where totals will end up. Interested in the evening update from my office. I think it's distinctly possible that we'll be able to pin down an area of enhanced totals. Would be happy for my forecast to bust low.

10 minutes ago, michaelmantis said:

Can we bottle this excitement, put it in a time capsule, and then open it during next snow drought the Lakes/OV region that will occur next winter?

Starting to rip by me and expecting/hoping 2-3 hours of nice accumulation before bedtime. 

Trust me, if some area is decently below average by mid December I'm sure someone will start discussing futility. 

Just now, hlcater said:

After 39 years, the sleet has finally ended and we've switched to light snow, over 2 hours behind schedule. Not really expecting much more than 2-3" at this point. Good news is, we got a nice half inch of sleet to serve as a base! 

Not all bad, I had been set with my sleet base since 12/29 

• Like 1