Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 30-February 1 Winter Storm Part 2

Hoosier

6 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

We've switched to light snow.  It's possible we could still pile up 3-4" if the deformation zone works out favorably.

Yeah 3-4" sounds about right for here as well.  We've actually gone back over to 75/25 sleet/frz rain.  CC shows solid snow is just about here though.  Heavy returns moving in from the south, should have heavy snow here within a half hour to hour.

Just now, Gino27 said:

I'm still baffled that CLE and ILN didn't update some of their counties to a WSW. They have my county in a warning but are leaving some areas near mine that are forecast to get more in an advisory for 3-5.

They are a strange crew there in ILN. Always been that way. 

Not seeing the typical plaster snow that was expected.  Seeing a dry slot in S IN working its way behind this incoming heavy WAA band.  Hopefully the main system moves east some, fills it in, before it gets here.  An inch so far, and its not wet.  Sure it will be later as that LLJ cranks in a few hours.  No rain which is good. Warm LL temps weren't forecast to really make a march N here until 06-09Z   Shall see, just SN atm. Hoosier and ChicagoWX know where I'm at so of course it had to start with pingers.  Always a damn pinger mixed in there somewhere around here lol.

Just now, Gino27 said:

I'm still baffled that CLE and ILN didn't update some of their counties to a WSW. They have my county in a warning but are leaving some areas near mine that are forecast to get more in an advisory for 3-5.

Winter Storm Warning for Hardin, Auglaize, Mercer, Darke, Shelby, and Logan County Gino.

4 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Not seeing the typical plaster snow that was expected.  Seeing a dry slot in S IN working its way behind this incoming heavy WAA band.  Hopefully the main system moves east some, fills it in, before it gets here.  An inch so far, and its not wet.  Sure it will be later as that LLJ cranks in a few hours.  No rain which is good. Warm LL temps weren't forecast to really make a march N here until 06-09Z   Shall see, just SN atm. Hoosier and ChicagoWX know where I'm at so of course it had to start with pingers.  Always a damn pinger mixed in there somewhere around here lol.

Clean snowstorms don't exist in Indiana. You know that. :P But yeah, so many storms...so many starts with s****. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

That small dry slot could be a good thing. May even aid in more evap cooling. HRRR has shown it for a while

• Like 1