Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 30-February 1 Winter Storm Part 2

Hoosier

31 minutes ago, Owensnow said:

I am right on the northern edge of the .50-.75 qpf range lol here in SW Ontario (kingsville)

cmon North baby

C0210C5E-9472-4A84-9700-D541AEFE2D78.png

The front end is 100% virga here so far.  There's been some radar returns aloft for a while now but the low level dryness is eating it all on the way down.  Not that I'm expecting more than 1-3" here.

Just now, frostfern said:

There is a lot of low-level dryness.  Areas closer to the lake seem to be overcoming the virga onset quicker.

Seems like that is an issue for us with every storm. I remember one storm (I think the winter before last) that was supposed to be a big dog for us, but we either busted the warning or just barely made criteria because the first few hours were lost to dry air resulting in either nothing or pixie dust flakes.

1 hour ago, Snowstorms said:

I agree. Storm is legit for Illinois and Indiana and point east including Philly, NYC and D.C. Congrats to the Chicago crew. Although, potential is there for upwards of 2-4" for parts of SEMI with this storm but it'll likely be localized. 

Next weekends storm is worth our attention as of now. We need a true Detroit to Toronto special like old times. 

We saw 2 storms in the 7-9" range last Winter, and everyone knows im more about snow cover than the actual storm but I'm getting the shakes from not having a warning storm this Winter and were only halfway through lol. Idk how I would have survived the dearth of 6"+ storms this area saw mid century 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's early but not really seeing signs of the paste/cake like appearance on the trees/power lines.  And actually just as I look outside now, a gust came and really whipped the snow off of the roofs.

If we can manage even modestly better than 10:1 ratios throughout with the modeled qpf, this would start getting into big dog territory.

• Like 1