• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February/March 2021 - Frigid or Flop? Pattern/Longterm Forecast Thread.

John1122

39 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Worth noting that the 12z Candian ensemble has shown a noticeable uptick for the entire forum area regarding snow accumulations for the entire run.  Not used to seeing it so robust.  Some of you might be wondering about maps.  It is not a tease.  Been out of memory for about two years.  Seriously been contemplating getting a new account here just so I can have more map space!  LOL...kidding, not kidding.  CG2 might be in my future.

You should consider signing up for a free account on imgur.com.  Copy map, paste on imgur, copy image URL, past here.  Unlimited.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Olhausen said:

Honestly I love cold and snow but I want no part of this. That ZR would be devastating for my town and my business in Portland Tennessee. The cold temps that followed is what really scares me. The one problem is that middle Tennessee is absolutely due for a devastating ice storm. I have lived here since 2006 and have always been able to avoid the worst during ice storms. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4c6452e0fc83486c1FA2324D-4354-4794-A106-6ACEB1C68357.thumb.png.9cbe727592bc85a4da7a809f0c6ee9e9.png

That’s a hard pass for me, I would be cleaning up for months 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

No Feagin's Gap, lol? 

Eastman_Bubble_Destroyer

Man, would either would have been awesome.  We run that hill at Feagins Gap some days.  Makes me hurt to think about it.  LOL.  (not the hill from Feagins to Cherry Knobs though...check engine light would come on while going up that beast).  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigbald said:

At dinner, can someone give me the synopsis for how that happened ha? Boundary setup east along the Apps?

Great question.  One big storm after another and cold air sitting over the Great Lakes which cranks Lake Effect snow.  Basically the southern branch just rips along the Arctic boundary.  

1 hour ago, John1122 said:

The long range is showing the potential of the pattern if nothing else. Much better than endless warmth or cutters like last year  and the year before. 

For sure.  Agree.  It has been interesting to see multiple models produce crazy runs at various times.  Wonder what it would have been like during those great winters of the past to see the pattern on computer models well in advance?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic