Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st CAD event

BooneWX

23 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

The NAM tonight had a very interesting band in Orange County on Monday. Actually, I guess it was the second run in a row for roughly that same location. Someone is gonna sneak out another inch or two Monday, just gotta hope the slot machine lines up.

Most definitely. Token flakes will happen.

10 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

@kvegas-wx you win bro. Back end is coming down furiously. Streets don’t want to cave but concrete has. Based on dews im at 32.7/24 so after this I still have a couple degrees I can utilize for main batch. Any idea what time you think that starts to roll in? 

Not a clue my friend.  My fun is over, but I knew you were going to get what rolled across my security cams in Stuart.  Just shy of an inch, but its done there now.

Enjoy while you can!  May be ice for you tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, WestCentrlVA said:

I feel like a kid again minus the alcohol I'm drinking. Sitting outside bundled up watching it snow. 32/28 with moderate snow coming down and 1/2 inch on the ground. 

Just took a nice walk outside. Driveway and roads starting to cave now. Been a good while since we’ve had a meaningful storm. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FLweather said:

Enjoy your low to mid 30s.

You can look at radar tell by the angle and trajectory. It's not going to happen south of the VA border. Too much WAA with this setup.

Sorry.

Where ever you are expect your temps to creap up. 35-40.

53 minutes ago, FLweather said:

Enjoy that tonight. Sorry. This time tomorrow you will be asking "what snow"

Take this trolling crap to the whining thread or tomorrow morning we will be asking “where’s FLweather”.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Just took a nice walk outside. Driveway and roads starting to cave now. Been a good while since we’ve had a meaningful storm. 

Agreed, its been since 2018 it feels like. The snow has picked back up to heavy and VDOT just dropped their plows. Man I have not heard that noise in a long time. 

3 minutes ago, WestCentrlVA said:

Agreed, its been since 2018 it feels like. The snow has picked back up to heavy and VDOT just dropped their plows. Man I have not heard that noise in a long time. 

I think for me personally with my overall thoughts and feelings on the storm. 5” and over I’m completely happy. Anything under 4” and I feel like the storm will have def underperformed up this way. That’s my baseline going into tomorrow mornings wake up. 

• Like 1

Just now, Buddy1987 said:

@Blue_Ridge_Escarpment @BullCityWx you guys have any thoughts on the main batch of WAA as to how good lift will be for dendritic growth? Tonight’s pixie dust I’m assuming may be more related to ratios somewhat. Have you guys seen anything that will aid in enhancement of fgen or anything? 

Honestly, I haven’t been giving this too much attention. @Blue_Ridge_Escarpment is probably the go to man here. 

I will say that it’s been snowing here for fifteen minutes and it has slowly gone over to almost all sleet.

2 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

I think for me personally with my overall thoughts and feelings on the storm. 5” and over I’m completely happy. Anything under 4” and I feel like the storm will have def underperformed up this way. That’s my baseline going into tomorrow mornings wake up. 

Its just my opinion but one thing that seemed consistent for our area is a range of totals with highest potential being 8 to 10 with low range 5 to 6 inches. I think you will do well and honestly don't see you mixing up that way. However, I may have sleet issues here. Hopefully with me being 2 miles northeast of Rocky Mount Virginia and slightly higher elevation I will avoid it but time will tell.