Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 31st CAD event

BooneWX

1 hour ago, kvegas-wx said:

Ignoring the early success in the foothills, I think ILMRoss said it earlier...something just feels off with this setup.  It doesnt have a normal CAD look and it certainly doesnt appear robust enough to sustain into tomorrow deep into NC.  I'm just not seeing a ton of ice with this tomorrow across the Triad.

You have to realize. The angle and trajectory of the H5 level is not a "typical" miller b transfer.

Ideally it wouldn't be further south and digging more. It's not and doesn't appear to be doing so. That along with the Parent HP center way up north.

Enjoy what snow falls tonight and what little bit of ice you get. This time tomorrow won't have nothing to show for it.

• Like 1

Just now, BooneWX said:

Yep I agree. I don’t think there’s going to be much to show for this storm. My DP and temps already match at 32. I don’t see us getting lower than 32 at any point tonight now. 

I'm already satisfied with an inch and a half. It's 30.9 here. Anything else is gravy to me 

• Like 2

I love being on a science based weather board. Where else could I learn that the snow that has started in Western NC is ripping, pouring, puking and hammering.  I don’t know if I should prepare by getting out a sewing machine a big glass, a vomit bowl or some nails. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

14 minutes ago, jburns said:

I love being on a science based weather board. Where else could I learn that the snow that has started in Western NC is ripping, pouring, puking and hammering.  I don’t know if I should prepare by getting out a sewing machine a big glass, a vomit bowl or some nails. 

The weenies are taking over the world .