• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SecondChild
    Newest Member
    SecondChild

Jan 31 - Feb 1 Event - STORM MODE THREAD

3 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

Don't use generic weather apps. Listen to NWS.

The current NWS forecast for most of MoCo is also full of sleet and freezing rain after the WAA. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU74 said:

The current NWS forecast for most of MoCo is also full of sleet and freezing rain after the WAA. 

They're covering the envelope because it's on the table. Imo- some sleet is prob a lock for everyone near the cities. Can you name any hybrid coastal tracking under us that produced a legit ice storm? I cant either. 

2mbs deeper.  Trying to tuck right of the Delmarva.

• Confused 1

Just now, BristowWx said:

Just wondering that myself 

That's just digital output showing a blip of lower pressure. Low centers are best defined by mslp maps and not those surface panels

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They're covering the envelope because it's on the table. Imo- some sleet is prob a lock for everyone near the cities. Can you name any hybrid coastal tracking under us that produced a legit ice storm? I cant either. 
Feb 2007?
  • Like 1

Deform strengthening through the day Monday. Still tucked just off ocean city at 17z monday

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ji said:
3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Feb 2007?

That was a sleet bomb tho no? And very very rare honestly. But you're right, that was a coastal gone wrong in incredibly rare fashion. Personally, i love that storm for what it was. I mean our area was a legitimate glacier for days. 

• Like 1

Less of a dryslot than 00z, but the track and evolution look really similar.

Just now, AACOUNTYMD said:

wow-  that isn't awesome for the DC and east. . . 

we will have sleet but change to back to snow this will be a HUGE event 

• Like 2

The track looks really good but the lack of Precip on the Euro concerns me a bit for anyone south of Mason Dixon line....you would think with a strengthening storm pushing south west that it would wrap more precip into Virginia.....