Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31 - Feb 1 Event - STORM MODE THREAD

stormtracker

Just now, dukeblue219 said:

Therein lies the difficulty with apps and websites (and even newspapers to an extent) that are limited to a single icon to define the day's weather. It may well mix in between snow batches, but this has never looked like a long-term, infrastructure-crippling ice storm. 

thanks. . . I figured but I wanted to get an expert opinion on this before I told my friends that we are getting inches of snow! 

Just now, AACOUNTYMD said:

Hello Everyone.  I contribute nothing but I love lurking, so I hope you will forgive me if I ask a question-   I am tucked in along the western part of the Bay between Annapolis and Baltimore.  I think I am in a pretty good spot, and we have a watch for 4-8. However, my weather app simply says freezing rain for sunday and monday? Can anyone help explain that?  I haven't seen long duration freezing rain called for by any of the models over the last several days. . . ?  Thanks!!! 

Ignore that. When the first round shuts off, warm air moves in above but precip will be paltry. I suppose in your hood that round 2 could start as freezing rain but even then.... unlikely. For our area to get legit freezing rain it almost always involves primary low pressure remaining dominant and tracking west of us. This storm will be the standard snow, dryslot with drizzle and maybe inconsequential zr, followed by praying you get a reach around with round 2

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Ignore that. When the first round shuts off, warm air moves in above but precip will be paltry. I suppose in your hood that round 2 could start as freezing rain but even then.... unlikely. For our area to get legit freezing rain it almost always involves primary low pressure remaining dominant and tracking west of us. This storm will be the standard snow, dryslot with drizzle and maybe inconsequential zr, followed by praying you get a reach around with round 2

thanks! 

1 minute ago, AU74 said:

The current NWS forecast for most of MoCo is also full of sleet and freezing rain after the WAA. 

They're covering the envelope because it's on the table. Imo- some sleet is prob a lock for everyone near the cities. Can you name any hybrid coastal tracking under us that produced a legit ice storm? I cant either. 

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic