• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 3rd - 5th Potential strong stm threat

Brian D

It looks like a legit blizzard with this last band.  Enough snow had fallen, and with the heavy falling snow it's pretty gnarly out there.  Hit a few spots on the way home where it was a complete whiteout, and the falling snow was quite light at the time.  Can only imagine how bad it is right about now out there. :yikes:

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

It looks like a legit blizzard with this last band.  Enough snow had fallen, and with the heavy falling snow it's pretty gnarly out there.  Hit a few spots on the way home where it was a complete whiteout, and the falling snow was quite light at the time.  Can only imagine how bad it is right about now out there. :yikes:

Gotta love an arctic front

Why CLE wouldn't issue any advisory for the Toledo area is beyond me!  We've had two inches in two hours and have accidents everywhere.  We also have another 2 to go.  On top of that we will have a legit flash freeze overnight with 30-40 mph winds and an absolutely treacherous morning commute.  It's like having 7/10 indicators for tornadoes and not issuing a watch.  Almost borderline negligent.  If it's not happening in Cleveland proper or the snowbelt, they won't mention it.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

Why CLE wouldn't issue any advisory for the Toledo area is beyond me!  We've had two inches in two hours and have accidents everywhere.  We also have another 2 to go.  On top of that we will have a legit flash freeze overnight with 30-40 mph winds and an absolutely treacherous morning commute.  It's like having 7/10 indicators for tornadoes and not issuing a watch.  Almost borderline negligent.  If it's not happening in Cleveland proper or the snowbelt, they won't mention it.   

I feel at times the NWS in Cleveland neglects their I-75 Counties (Lucas, Wood, and Hancock). Seems like at times they play favorites especially in their eastern CWA.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Snow literally came in like a wall of heavy snow just as models advertised. Snow literally came in like a wall of heavy snow just as models advertised. Sticking immediately to pavement and it's not even wet snow, looks more powdery. 

It was so nice you had to say it twice.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

I feel at times the NWS in Cleveland neglects their I-75 Counties (Lucas, Wood, and Hancock). Seems like at times they play favorites especially in their eastern CWA.

If this was happening in the Cleveland area right now they'd be all over it.  It's not so they don't care.  They told a local meteorologist that it needs to be 4-6 inches of snow in a 12 hours period for a winter weather advisory. 

1 minute ago, Snohio said:

If this was happening in the Cleveland area right now they'd be all over it.  It's not so they don't care.  They told a local meteorologist that it needs to be 4-6 inches of snow in a 12 hours period for a winter weather advisory. 

Wow. That would qualify as a low end Winter Storm Warning...