• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 3rd - 5th Potential strong stm threat

Brian D

After the heavy snow tapered off, I noticed some melting on parts of the pavement.  I think with getting later in the day and heading toward sunset, it will stick better on the pavement again even if it hangs a hair above freezing and rates aren't quite as heavy as early on.

8 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

After the heavy snow tapered off, I noticed some melting on parts of the pavement.  I think with getting later in the day and heading toward sunset, it will stick better on the pavement again even if it hangs a hair above freezing and rates aren't quite as heavy as early on.

This. We'll get our best accumulations separate from the best rates. The showery/convective depiction on radar, melting during lulls, dripping from trees reminds me of a spring system. Sure won't feel like spring in a couple hours.

1 minute ago, tuanis said:

This. We'll get our best accumulations separate from the best rates. The showery/convective depiction on radar, melting during lulls, dripping from trees reminds me of a spring system. Sure won't feel like spring in a few hours.

Yeah, slushy first pass by the plow leaving a bunch behind. Hopefully they get back to clear it before the flash freeze 

Wow it is just cranking snow outside. Between 2 and now we have probably got at least 2" if not more. And it just keeps coming down. This is honestly some of the heaviest snowfall rates I ahve seen in daylight in quite a while. Too bad this is a shorter snow cause we could get some serious accumulations if this lasted for about 8 hours.

• Like 1

Was using my iPhone to record one of the heavier bands about 30 mins ago and think I may have captured the only flash of lightning I've seen today. I noticed it with my eyes first and the video backed my brain up. It's subtle and nothing showed up on radar, but but take a look. About 33 seconds in after the video flips to slo-mo and pans up to the sky. Apologize for the portrait video, total rookie move. The lamp reflection is pretty tacky too. YouTube is supposedly still processing the HD version (not that it will make much of a difference).

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

This band coming through right now looks pretty legit.  Pretty low vis with lots of blowing snow and heavy snow falling as well.

Picked up 0.31" rain this morning, and 2.8" of snow so far.  

Hoping it can at least maintain itself to get me to 2". Currently around 1.4" or so. Though no doubt at least 2" of snow fell, but it's been melting and compacting as fast as it's been falling. Still above freezing here as well.