• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 3rd - 5th Potential strong stm threat

Brian D

This one has a lot of things going for it (taking 12z GFS at face value) and those compact srn stream waves ejecting atop a tightening baroclinic zone with open GOM can go crazy if things come together right. 

Impressive coupled upper level jet structure, plenty of cold air coming down and great trajectories off the gulf. 

GFSUS_250_spd_156.png.a11fe26678363b986c6ddacd89095652.png

GFSUS_850_temp_153.png.a4ab7a54f794464ff633b1697312a9d1.png

GFSUS_925_thetae_153.png.1ef40bad7be0909b68802f0f81844317.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AWMT30 said:

LOCK THE 12Z GFS PLEASE 

I know right lol. As expected the active pattern has commenced. Let's just hope one of these can break what has been the winter of 1-4" snows, especially with possible big cold coming. Last winter we had several 6+ storms in SE MI but didn't have as many nickels and dimes and the real anamolous cold came out of season (Nov, apr, may)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

I know right lol. As expected the active pattern has commenced. Let's just hope one of these can break what has been the winter of 1-4" snows, especially with possible big cold coming. Last winter we had several 6+ storms in SE MI but didn't have as many nickels and dimes and the real anamolous cold came out of season (Nov, apr, may)

I only remember the early november storm last winter as the only 6+ event. Perhaps downriver got the brunt of a few others us northerners got grazed by?