Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 31 - Feb 2 Storm

stormtracker

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Sounds like a GFS/CMC blend.

I have freezing rain/sleet in mine too, Sunday night into Monday. Wonder if its because thats during the lull period between WAA and the coastal taking over. Its been mentioned several times that precip will be light, so maybe a sneaky warm layer gets in there before precip picks up in intensity. 

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

I have freezing rain/sleet in mine too, Sunday night into Monday. Wonder if its because thats during the lull period between WAA and the coastal taking over. Its been mentioned several times that precip will be light, so maybe a sneaky warm layer gets in there before precip picks up in intensity. 

Yes that is the period where it would be most likely.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Interesting that my local forecast for Sunday is now freezing rain and sleet with a chance of snow. Very interesting.

I'm thinking they are no longer tossing the GFS idea...I seriously think the Euro is too cold and is pushing too far South.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

I'm thinking they are no longer tossing the GFS idea...I seriously think the Euro is too cold and is pushing too far South.

What happened to the Euro run last night??  Now in my dealings with the Euro doesn't it have a so called blind spot for storms in the far Southwest of the United States where the Euro either weakens the storm down too much or holds energy back in the southwest?

Our storm basically is about to crash into Southern California as we speak just to the west of LA so I am wondering if the Euro run was just a blip and the Euro having one of its bias moments out there just west of California and diving SSE into Southern Cali before rounding the bottom of the trough out there and moving east.

Thoughts??

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/pennsylvania/satellite-wv

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I agree. I wish it were the correct outcome, but I don't believe it will be.

A blend of the Euro/GFS would work pretty nicely though. 

4 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I wish 6z RGEM went out past 84.  It’s got a deepening low pressure meandering east of OC and the CCB is cranking for areas north of 70 (SURPRISE!) but the CCB is arcing south as the run ends and looks ready to crush CMD/NOVA.

Yeah that’s a big hit forum wide and still dumping. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yeah if the ens members don't agree with the op at this range then something is broken.

It's GFS vs Euro. Which one will cave..

I think there's a case to be made that it's the NAM, RGEM, CMC, ICON, UKMET, GFS vs. EURO

PSU set off a chain reaction last night. He had people who were bullsyed by the 0z euro talking about being fringed/ending up being a non event by today... I mean if other pieces of guidance were trending like the EURO i'd be concerned too but there's just not...so far...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I wish 6z RGEM went out past 84.  It’s got a deepening low pressure meandering east of OC and the CCB is cranking for areas north of 70 (SURPRISE!) but the CCB is arcing south as the run ends and looks ready to crush CMD/NOVA.

Same. Looked like it had really nice WAA snow and then a brief lull mix followed by the CCB crushing us. I just wish that was actually a good model. Euro last night was really concerning and PSU's concerns came to fruition.

It does seem like a couple models are pushing the deform out much quicker and the long duration idea is losing some of its steam.

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic