Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2021 General Discussion

madwx

4 hours ago, Stebo said:

47 for a high here, felt great. Lets move on to spring now.

3rd week of April most years. True sustained warmth and actual green grass with plants starting to grow. March is usually a grinder month cousin to November.

ORD and RFD snow depth went from 14” at 6am to 11” at 6pm.

So today marks the last day of the impressive 12"+ snow depth streak at both sites. Tomorrow will probably be the last for 10"+ unless the depth is already down under 10" at 12z tomorrow, or there's less melting than expected tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

3rd week of April most years. True sustained warmth and actual green grass with plants starting to grow. March is usually a grinder month cousin to November.

Yep, early March is like late November. Generally winter with snow, snowstorms and even highs below 32F are still common. Late March and early November are also similar in the sense that you need a perfect pattern to get  widespread snowstorm and temperatures are generally in the 40s and 50s (In the eastern Great Lakes) 

15 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

Yep, early March is like late November. Generally winter with snow, snowstorms and even highs below 32F are still common. Late March and early November are also similar in the sense that you need a perfect pattern to get  widespread snowstorm and temperatures are generally in the 40s and 50s (In the eastern Great Lakes) 

I guess the only thing i'd argue is totally different antecedent conditions both on the surface and in the atmosphere, but your point is taken.  

4 hours ago, Chambana said:

Last weeks 8-10” snowstorm is almost a distant memory, never seen a 10” snowpack get nuked this quick in my life, even the massive parking lot piles are dissipating quickly. 

Long days, green grass, grilling and severe season, give me all of it. 

I went from 7" yesterday morning to 3" this morning. I can't remember losing that much in 24 hours without a warm rain being involved.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jonger said:

Surprised you went up there... I think there was more snow in Howell than Mackinaw City.

There was absolutely more snow in southeast MI than northern lower MI last week. However with the melting at home and some fresh snow up here it was a nice few days. The lackluster snow season in northern MI, combined with a good Feb in southeast MI, meant a big snow trip was really not in the cards this year so just went up for a few days and got to see some elk!

IMG_20210225_222951_927.jpg

• Like 4