Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 2021 General Discussion

madwx

1 hour ago, Geoboy645 said:

Yeah when it comes to snow depth there is a very large difference between Madison and Green Bay. At home I have over a foot of snow OTG. Here at college it's more like 4". Areas up to my north like Marinette have even less. This next storm could really add to our pack here though at least according to some models. I could be at 8-9" before the cold wave and home could have at least 16".

So strange. I went to UWGB and it was invariably snowier there than at home (Stoughton/Madison) except for 2007-08, my senior year, when we had some big storms over both areas (although GB area was less affected by the early Jan torch, so held on to its snowcover better).

1 hour ago, CheeselandSkies said:

So strange. I went to UWGB and it was invariably snowier there than at home (Stoughton/Madison) except for 2007-08, my senior year, when we had some big storms over both areas (although GB area was less affected by the early Jan torch, so held on to its snowcover better).

It's been a function of the storm track more than anything. Green Bay has just been too far north for most of the year for storms. 

• Like 1

Extremely thick shallow/ground fog the past few hours.  Visibility is about as low as I've ever seen it at ground level, yet you can look up and see the stars.  

About 11" of glacier in place, with 2-4" refresher on the way Thu in time for the arctic intrusion.  Should help to make the most of the cold air masses en route.

• Like 1

snowdepth.png

Had snowcover since December 29th. Longest straight period of seeing no grass that I can remember in quite a while. Seems like recent winters I have always been able to sneak in a January or February round of golf on a 50 degree day, but it will take quite a while for this growing glacier to melt down. Definitely going to have some hydro concerns when we get our first big rainfall. 

2 hours ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

snowdepth.png

Had snowcover since December 29th. Longest straight period of seeing no grass that I can remember in quite a while. Seems like recent winters I have always been able to sneak in a January or February round of golf on a 50 degree day, but it will take quite a while for this growing glacier to melt down. Definitely going to have some hydro concerns when we get our first big rainfall. 

Map is low-balling it here.  Have a good 12-13" otg.  Yeah the lengthy streak is pretty impressive, with no end in sight.

Got down to -4 this morning.

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Yesterday's snow is sticking around well on untreated/uncleaned paved surfaces even with the sun beating down.  February sun angle can only work so much when it is barely above 0.

This morning actually hurt the eyes to look at the snow in spots, the old "snowblind effect". Gorgeous deep winter though. 

Screenshot_20210207-151442_Gallery.jpg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, hlcater said:

This may be a flooding problem at some point down the road. Especially if there's a hard cutter or otherwise rapid warm up.

snod_anom.png?width=875&height=676

The only saving grace (for now) is that snowpack is below average across northern Wisconsin and central/northern Minnesota. Headwaters for the Wisconsin and Mississippi rivers.