• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    alexmiller
    Newest Member
    alexmiller

January 28th Snow Threat

Seeing cities north like Roxboro are seeing up to 2.5in now and 1in on the roads. Ground/air temps are overrated. It’s all the other stuff that screws us. 

7 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Louisburg. Little northeast of Raleigh. Think I picked the right spot

You most definitely picked the right spot!  It’s starting to stick well on the grass here but it’s not nearly as awesome as yours!

About to get a couple hours of sleep but it’s snowing well, great banding showing up on radar, over an inch on the ground, temp at 32, and wind blowing. Deep winter look outside. Happy happy. Looks to do more of the same here next few hours. I’m absolutely loving it. Hope we all capitalize and I hope to see some good snow pics from everyone in the morning. 

• Like 1

33.8 with a nice dusting in 5 points Raleigh area.  Hard surfaces mostly wet but starting to see some accumulation.  

Raised surfaces now with about 1/4" - 1/2".  Near Shelley lake, just north of North Hills in Raleigh.  Solid thick wet flakes falling now, after about 30 minutes of small light dry flakes. 

Just now, SouthWake33 said:

Thunder and lightning in Cary!!

Yep, I just saw and heard it. 

5 minutes ago, SouthWake33 said:

Thunder and lightning in Cary!!

Unfortunately didn't get to hear it here in Raleigh, but I'm staying up in the hopes I can!!

There’s some accumulating snow on the road on my street. Ground getting white (Raleigh Millbrook/Glenwood) Big snow. 

• Like 3

A little over 1" 7 miles south of downtown durham. Temp is down to 31.6.

Massive flakes earlier for a solid hour. Snowfall rate has gone down slightly. Still accumulating but now mainly just on elevated and grassy surfaces

• Like 1

It is really coming down here Downtown Raleigh! Hoping for thundersnow

FB_IMG_1611823913032.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Still snowing at a good clip in western Wake Co. Heard the thunder snow earlier, that was a pleasant wake up call!

• Like 2

Just now, BullCityWx said:

Go crawl back in your hole.

So, I see that his post has been deleted, and I know where you are coming from.  It's been so frustrating here lately, and its so great to see some snow, as little as this even is, its amazing.  I feel his pain.  It's great to finally win, and I hope they get some there soon too :)  Maybe he was lashing out, but still, best to all

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ForsythWx said:

34 in greenville now - pretty steady snow already on cars, grass, trees. Earlier than I expected 

Told you that was spot to be

So glad for all you guys who got to enjoy the snow tonight. I didn't get a flake. Glad to see somebody getting snow in nc and va outside the mountains this year.