Total Members
    Most Online
    alexmiller
    Newest Member
    alexmiller

January 28th Snow Threat

9 minutes ago, ILMRoss said:

Which radar are you using?

Blacksburg. It all looks the same to me.

Getting some nice parachutes in the rain here in north High Point. It's kinda been doing that with no real improvement for a little while now.

Blacksburg. It all looks the same to me.
Getting some nice parachutes in the rain here in north High Point. It's kinda been doing that with no real improvement for a little while now.

Ok, think I see what’s up. The radar beam goes upward as it goes further from the site- by the time the beam is reaching the NC Piedmont, its 3-4K feet in the air, where everything is still snow. Any changeover, which is what lower CC values will pick up, is below the beam
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, King of Surl said:

Just changed over to heavy snow at my house now in Roxboro. 

I figured with that temp and dew point drop. Shouldn’t be long for us in northern Durham. 

38 in Randleman. (12 miles south of GSO) Still all rain here. Hoping that mixing will begin soon. Honestly not expecting much here, but a dusting would be nice.

Can report snow beginning to stick on roads (as in slushy spots on side streets) in Lynchburg. Conservative estimate of about a half an inch with moderate snow continuing ... on the fringe of the radar but this is likely going to be the most snow I've seen in 2 years (and yes, the bar isn't very high.)