Total Members
    Most Online
    Virtual Bible Study
    Newest Member
    Virtual Bible Study
January 28th Snow Threat

CntrTim85

Just now, magpiemaniac said:

IIRC, didn’t a lot of the modeling not show the changeover until well after midnight?  Even so, there might not be much QPF left for us once conditions are favorable. LOL

Midnight to 1am here in the triad and more like 3am in the triangle.  I'm expecting to see a flip in Stuart any minute.

16 minutes ago, Grayman said:

4z version. Thoughts? Looks like cold air crashing in

If it snows and backfills. This a Raleigh East storm into Ne/E Va/NC storm.

The vortex max coupled with the developing h850 low dropping Se coming from the wrong angle and direction. The vortex max is near Charlotte.

West of that winds have shifted. Coming off the mountains. Downsloping has begun.

Just now, Grayman said:

I always thought this was a Virginia in the Northeast North Carolina storm. Greensboro folding. I expect Raleigh to fold next 

Dude, in the words of Aaron Rodgers:

R E L A X

Go read the AFD from RAH from a little while ago. Everything is on track as expected for what they forecasted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I think the r/s line won’t do a traditional steady march and will instead collapse and flip entire counties very quickly. It’s close... there’s a r/s mPING around Clayton of all places... anybody around there that can confirm?

1 minute ago, ILMRoss said:

I think the r/s line won’t do a traditional steady march and will instead collapse and flip entire counties very quickly. It’s close... there’s a r/s mPING around Clayton of all places... anybody around there that can confirm?

I think you just perfectly described what I’ve been seeing on the HRRR and wasn’t smart enough to put into words. It’s like it just falls in on itself.