• Member Statistics

    16,652
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    mtroyalspa
    Newest Member
    mtroyalspa
    Joined
CntrTim85

January 28th Snow Threat

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

I truly read and respect your posts.  All of them.  But if you get this call right my friend I will follow your word as the weather gospel from here on.  I still am just not seeing this panning out, at all. (and I want it to!)

You have to trust the dynamics. I was sitting at 42 with moderate rain on 3/1/09 at 5PM. By 7:15, it was snowing at. Quarter mile visibility. Fairly similar looking dynamics with this one. I could fully be wrong and honestly, @griteater being so pessimistic gives me pause. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone post a image to spc meso analysis? Of the 850 temps.

It's not mobile friendly.

But looking at radar probably some bright banding SW of Hickory and NW of Greensboro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FLweather said:

Can anyone post a image to spc meso analysis? Of the 850 temps.

It's not mobile friendly.

But looking at radar probably some bright banding SW of Hickory and NW of Greensboro.

Is this it? I’m learning so bear with me

414CCAE5-C103-4D49-BA55-DD8FBE06E7E5.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Disc said:

About 50/50 mix here in Blacksburg. Down to 35F.

I would think you flip soon to all snow Disc. Dublin/NRV is reporting -SN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Avdave said:

I would think you flip soon to all snow Disc. Dublin/NRV is reporting -SN

Yes, not too far from here at all. Dropped to 34F now. About on track for what the models had.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Grayman said:

Is this it? I’m learning so bear with me

414CCAE5-C103-4D49-BA55-DD8FBE06E7E5.png

Thats it. Thanks.

The cold aloft is moving in. 

Sort of confirms the bright banding across the northern piedmont. 

Judging by WV too. From Hickory to Spartanburg. Thats about dead center of the S/W. That will be the pivot point. 

So basically from Charlotte to Spartanburg to south/near of Fayetteville. Anyone north of that line should see some flakes.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Congrats to my southern brethren. Nice little storm tomorrow for some of you guys. Enjoy. 

They actually brined the roads down here in Currituck today. Never thought I'd see that day.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stormpc said:

They actually brined the roads down here in Currituck today. Never thought I'd see that day.

I was in shock! I'm right off Tulls Creek Rd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FLweather said:

Thats it. Thanks.

The cold aloft is moving in. 

Sort of confirms the bright banding across the northern piedmont. 

Judging by WV too. From Hickory to Spartanburg. Thats about dead center of the S/W. That will be the pivot point. 

So basically from Charlotte to Spartanburg to south/near of Fayetteville. Anyone north of that line should see some flakes.

 

3z update. No idea what I’m really looking at so I appreciate your thoughts 

0F7E802E-0D18-4A48-AC75-D51B554295C4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BullCityWx said:

You have to trust the dynamics. I was sitting at 42 with moderate rain on 3/1/09 at 5PM. By 7:15, it was snowing at. Quarter mile visibility. Fairly similar looking dynamics with this one. I could fully be wrong and honestly, @griteater being so pessimistic gives me pause. 

I have named this storm the bull city bust

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.