• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueValleyHVAC
    Newest Member
    BlueValleyHVAC

January 28th Snow Threat

3 minutes ago, wake4est said:

Hard to beat the 3k NAM for thermal profiles.

Run was a kick in the groin Raleigh-south and west. NEVER bet against 3k NAM for thermal profiles, but low placement and precip axis may be off. 

Decided to throw together a call map. One of the toughest areas to nail down is basically I-40 in Orange through Wake County and points southwest since sleet may cut into totals and even a slightly delayed transition can really make a difference. Here’s hoping for the best!

forecast_map_20210128_storm5.thumb.png.75b4a4ebf70c20d6f8800a2586df1787.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frazdaddy said:

Miss that guy, he was funny.

Not really

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Run was a kick in the groin Raleigh-south and west. NEVER bet against 3k NAM for thermal profiles, but low placement and precip axis may be off. 

And to be honest, my concern all day has been for Durham and Wake S of 40. 

31 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

That should give anyone triangle-west pause. Very believable in these setups too 

I mean that should already be the case. The NAM has basically shown every scenario possible in the last 24 hours. I’m sure one of them will be right and people will point to it and talk about how well the NAM but it’s been a total joke with this storm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dunkman said:

I mean that should already be the case. The NAM has basically shown every scenario possible in the last 24 hours. I’m sure one of them will be right and people will point to it and talk about how well the NAM but it’s been a total joke with this storm.

I agree. Last one to jump on board and then seems to be having second thoughts. I'll take the consistency and consensus of all the other models.

I got some grief for starting this thread but since I did, everything has turned snowier! Looks like  I picked a great time for my first thread after lurking for many many years. Hoping for 4" here in Chesapeake!! You're all welcome! 

12 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

BTW , who's gonna stay up tonight and probably not sleep much for watching the storm!:snowing:

What is sleep when it’s snowing in the south? 

13 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

BTW , who's gonna stay up tonight and probably not sleep much for watching the storm!:snowing:

I will probably sleep through my .3 inches, but I hope that you guys get smoked. It definitely looks good for you and Northern Wake upwards. 

Just now, CntrTim85 said:

I got some grief for starting this thread but since I did, everything has turned snowier! Looks like  I picked a great time for my first thread after lurking for many many years. Hoping for 4" here in Chesapeake!! You're all welcome! 

This post is a candidate for jinx of the decade 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Just now, NorthHillsWx said:

You can thank me for the snow later! 

• Confused 1

Just now, CntrTim85 said:

I will admit....it took some cahunas to start the thread on this storm.  I started one a few years back about 5 days out and was literally wished death upon by a former poster.  Fortunately, it was a much better setup for a storm and ended up dumping 6-8 inches on a big portion of the state, so I lived to post another day.

1 minute ago, NorthHillsWx said:

OMG yes.  @CntrTim85 ....buddy, you clearly dont understand that the jinx isnt based on models, its based on performance.  And after that last 3K NAM run, I'm even more convinced that the only people waking up tomorrow to snow live in a small strip from Rocky Mount to South Hill, and maybe northeast a bit from there!

The jinx will live large with you my snow jedi.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kvegas-wx said:

OMG yes.  @CntrTim85 ....buddy, you clearly dont understand that the jinx isnt based on models, its based on performance.  And after that last 3K NAM run, I'm even more convinced that the only people waking up tomorrow to snow live in a small strip from Rocky Mount to South Hill, and maybe northeast a bit from there!

The jinx will live large with you my snow jedi.

lol people actually get this upset over weather? 

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, CntrTim85 said:

Not me....but you have no idea.  I'm not entirely sure, but we may have witnessed a few capital crimes on this board over the years.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CntrTim85 said:

pffft.  This is kitten play. 

Mods usually do a pretty good job here though. "Storm mode" means a tighter reign too on extraneous posts, so no foolin' around during that period.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

pffft.  This is kitten play. 

Mods usually do a pretty good job here though. "Storm mode" means a tighter reign too on extraneous posts, so no foolin' around during that period.

Didn’t think we’d have anything that could possibly get us to storm mode a couple weeks ago