Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

43 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

What should we be looking for down south to see which camp is right? The NAM and RGEM are very different once you get outside SNE.

This is like a mini-storm inside the storm. LOL

Not a bad comedic take there - no. Fits ...heh.

But I don't think we can - I think we gotta now-cast this beyotch.  

These spins are more like a chaos lows inside of a bag of general processes that are too discrete even for the higher resolution models to really nail down - it's like they ( NAM .. RGEM ..HDRP... gonorrhea ..whatever) are too discrete for their own good, because they are not discrete enough - 

They also have different convective sequencing/physics built into their models than the Global scales - or at least used to ...  I also wonder ...as this whole thing wobbles through the heights do fall ... that should in theory destablize the column. So then they're handling this along when suddenly, they see their own tale!  They start chasing it  - ... 'oh, why shit - better spin up a 150 naut mi wide EOF1 tornado then'  Kidding of course, but because their own generate instability, subsequently triggers a convective responses -

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The storm is like literally happening right now and I would be totally unsurprised by anything between 6" and 16" in  Cape Elizabeth.  It's almost stupid how uncertain it all is.  

Also, the ensembles suck for capturing the actual spread of possible outcomes. 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What town you in

Cape Elizabeth, ME.

NAM is a nothing burger here.  No tertiary development and the big band is at a min when overhead.

Canadians have us on the cold side of the tertiary low that becomes the dominant consolidated circulation - so we get 20"

para has us at 16", but mostly from the first big band with some wrap around mood flakes.

Euro has been waffling back and forth between 10" and 16" from run to run.

Uncle.  No idea what's coming. 

7 minutes ago, Drz1111 said:

Literally have reliable models showing anywhere from 5" to 20" with virga 60 miles to my south.   I am rarely salty about DA MODLEZ  but this is pushing even my tolerance for this [stuff].

Think of it this way. One of the models will end up being much closer to the ground truth when all is said and done. The other models will bow to it.