• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

Here is another thought for those peeps near the coast like Jerry. My guess is that 1) Models will not be cold enough on the cold side of the CF and 2) probably collapses south quicker Tuesday morning. So those that change over, Tuesday morning could have a nasty refreeze back to FZDZ and/or snow.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Only thing that caught my eye was the DGZ drying out after like 4z or so. So it would need to be hours of big lift from 850 isentropic glide and CF stuff which could do it I suppose. You'd think that you could nickel and dime your way to 18+ on the cold side of the CF into Wed,

Yeah I’ve seen that on some guidance. But even if we rip from say 1pm to 11pm...that’s 10 hours in the firehose overlayed on the WCB dynamics. I’m not counting the light crap before 1pm which may add up to an inch or two. 

But yeah, there’s always “something” that makes it really hard to get 18”+ without being in the ML/CCB goodies. 

4 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

The mega-band that was progged to stall over LI...I don't think that's gonna happen.  That bad boy is gonna blow into CT and then some.

COD-GOES-East-local-New_Jersey.radar.20210201.021000.gif-over=map-bars=.gif

That's not the mega band, that won't even be around till tomorrow.

This whole thing has gone above expectations for me anyway – it’s all gravy to me LOL

I mean I was pretty clear all week that I thought this was a protracted moderate event ...so long it would approach major by virtue of culminating affects. 

This last day’s worth of runs seem to be engineering more of a major thing ... it’s just still not consistent ...it’s pissing me off

I almost wonder if what actually verifies is less resurgence Tuesday night and just a longer front side event ... I think what the models  are doing is shearing  the initial low apart, and then using the residual upper level mechanics to formulate a new low that then hooks around and clobbers again ... and Jesus Christ ...I don’t know if I believe all that ...?but I haven’t really been talking about it because I don’t know there’s so much about this whole thing that’s f’ed up to begin with where does one begin 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I’ve seen that on some guidance. But even if we rip from say 1pm to 11pm...that’s 10 hours in the firehose overlayed on the WCB dynamics. I’m not counting the light crap before 1pm which may add up to an inch or two. 

But yeah, there’s always “something” that makes it really hard to get 18”+ without being in the ML/CCB goodies. 

It's wicked impressive. The LLJ convergence shows up nicely near here on the QPF maps too. Hopefully we can thump before the mix comes.