Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

What are you think CF gradient....32/24ish?

Yeah that sounds right. Early on it may be more than that. Always kind of tough in these but sometimes that molasses arctic air will hold pretty tough and I could see something like 18-20F on the left side of it early on. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

How about some Clifton Chenier?  Get yo’ Zydeco on! 

CJ CHENIER is a Close Buddy!!  Was talking to him for an hour Thursday!!  

And This went well haha.  If you want to “trigger me”, mention all the famous and awful musicians who don’t know a basic D- from a C7 Chord but are seen as God’s that make 100’s of millions while the best musicians I’ve ever known can’t get a gig or quit.  

A7521341-64FA-4003-BF97-EFCF798C1A57.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

Any guesses as to where the cf sets up? My money is on it lifting to 128 at the height of the event.

My guess is a little further west between 128 and 495. Though I’ll admit I have pretty low certainty on this one. This is a pretty cold airmass sitting near ground level ahead of this storm. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

Any guesses as to where the cf sets up? My money is on it lifting to 128 at the height of the event.

I could see it at 28F at my house and Woburn at 34F before it slides east/southeast. I've seen that happen before. Lived it in a few storms.

• Like 1

Just now, nianticct said:

Snowing in the big apple ! Seems early to me?

There will be some light stuff tonight in far southern and southwest areas. Doesn’t make much progress though until late overnight/early tomorrow. There could be some really light stuff that tries to sneak into western/central areas of SNE late this evening but the accumulating stuff is probably confined to the southwest coast until early tomorrow. 

Wouldn’t be surprised though if an inch or two fell though on the south coast before daybreak. Esp southwest. 

8 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

By the way, is anyone noticing shades of Dec 30, 2000, with that Hudson valley pivot? Hope notSee the source image

hrrr_asnow_neus_38.png

Do not ever bring up 12/30/00 again!   Although in early February I think we would have done a lot better.   Heck, I drove from a driving rainstorm in Brookline Village to heavy snow before 128.

• Haha 1

dt saying this..However as you can see the new data clearly does NOT do that. Instead the coastal LOW is much further to the north and east. This means that the Boston and Southeastern New England area see their winds stay North or Northeast so temperatures there are cold enough to support snow and all of eastern New England gets pounded with anywhere from 12 to 18 inches of snow.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nycwinter said:

dt saying this..However as you can see the new data clearly does NOT do that. Instead the coastal LOW is much further to the north and east. This means that the Boston and Southeastern New England area see their winds stay North or Northeast so temperatures there are cold enough to support snow and all of eastern New England gets pounded with anywhere from 12 to 18 inches of snow.

Tell that to BOX.