Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just go 2-14” for Weymouth and leave it to next shift. 

Yep, firehose out of the east is usually very good over interior E and C MA. Don’t think we have any real temp issues this far west..maybe closer to 128/95 they do, though my gut says they are ok there as well.

We might change over to a few pellets or even some DZ/FZDZ in the dryslot but that is immaterial to the snowfall forecast. Might cost us an inch or so. 

And as we thought...you are going to get 30 to 1 fluff up there with ML deformation (even if it’s semi-weak) with upslope assist. 

Yep, PF just ripping the flesh off the giraffes trying to cross the Congo Basin. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I have a feeling the meat of the firehose will be south of me, like March 2013...I know its progressive, but I feel like it will be better south me, then the H7 low will curl around  north of me.

It definitely could do that. Model guidance has the firehose the strongest down in the southern half of SNE and it slowly weakens as it moves north. 

The way you could get lucky though is the CF. This is gonna have a tight CF I think and you might spend a decent amount of time barely on the cold side of it which enhances the snowfall. So that’s what I’d be rooting for there (obviously in addition to hoping the firehose doesn’t weaken much up there). 

I'm seeing a Euro solution that's 'denting' the 850 mb isotherm SE more so than priors and that - as I've outlined before,...- is climate friendlier than that warm intrusion look. 

Considering having 1030+ polar high draped through Ontario/ N/NE of Maine...and already entrenched in the region, a correction and closer discrete handling of the isotherm/compression toward SE zones ... pretty much has to happen here - sorry. 

Also, again .. again .. again .. + 1C at 850 with sub above between that level and the growth region of the sounding, and isothermal beneath that... inside of which is a saturated cauldron of dense falling snow is only going to cause parachutes to 1/4 visibility .. You really have to be +2 C through perhaps 100 mb to get all the way to cat paws, if/when fall rates are heavy..  in that sort of UVM parked over isothermal sounding -

This crushed the 1997 Dec 23rd forecasters when the 850 was +1 then...   I remember that as the then, "ETA" FOUS had +3 at the SFC, and +2 and -1 at 980, 900, 800 mb levels respectively, ... how did that turn out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It definitely could do that. Model guidance has the firehose the strongest down in the southern half of SNE and it slowly weakens as it moves north. 

The way you could get lucky though is the CF. This is gonna have a tight CF I think and you might spend a decent amount of time barely on the cold side of it which enhances the snowfall. So that’s what I’d be rooting for there (obviously in addition to hoping the firehose doesn’t weaken much up there). 

I just see an easy path to a screw job here.....again. Useless latitude FTL....far enough north to miss the meat of SNE goods, yet far enough south to miss NNE goods.

10 minutes ago, SnowEMass said:

Why are we still scratching our heads less than 24 hours before the onset? Have there been no improvements at all in our modeling capabilities?

There have. The more improvements there are, the more we won't accept uncertainty in increasingly fine margins.

And long live the bust. The day we have one hundred percent confidence, is the day it's no fun anymore.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I just see an easy path to a screw job here.....again. Useless latitude FTL....far enough north to miss the meat of SNE goods, yet far enough south to miss NNE goods.

I think you're in a good spot for a big snow event. I don't know man....if you miss out..maybe it's be a few inches? I'd sign up to be in Methuen if I could. 

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I think you're in a good spot for a big snow event. I don't know man....if you miss out..maybe it's be a few inches? I'd sign up to be in Methuen if I could. 

Yea, it will be decent. I'm just sick of missing out on the few inches.

Anyway, I'm sure Holliston will be one of the higher amounts.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

You’re gonna have a lot of failures in the chase aiming for the jackpot all time. You’ll feel like Wily Mo Pena a lot...tons of Ks but then you get the high of him hitting one 490 feet when you finally hit the jack. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys always say  he is in a good spot lol . Every time . Keep in mind he isn’t looking for 6”

I mean , I’m not saying he’s looking bad but it’s funny 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

You’re gonna have a lot of failures in the chase aiming for the jackpot all time. You’ll feel like Wily Mo Pena a lot...tons of Ks but then you get the high of him hitting one 490 feet when you finally hit the jack. 

How about just not having one of the lowest totals in the region relative to average? Not a JP...this is the third consecutive year....though I should pass se MA after this.