Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

22 minutes ago, ScottieBird said:

BOX corrected its forecast. It's obvious a senior forecaster cleaned the mess up. Maybe someone was bombed during the overnight shift? I'm expecting 2 to 4 in Newport. A far cry from the odious forecast this AM of 8-12. This storm kinda reminds me of a Feburary 1995 snow event.

They expressed the uncertainty in the discussion, and there's been wide model variance especially in this area.  I wouldn't want to be them, you're being more than a little harsh, especially since some models (and I don't believe them) are showing those amounts, still.

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Nice collage and effort here !

no not trying to nit pick ( seriously ...) but I have such vivid memories of the week leading and throughout that 1996 event to confidently argue, it is/was really only similar to what is presently modeled,  as it landed on the EC in that 7am window of the 8th that year.  The frames leading got there differently and I that very much matters in my mind -  what that sort of signifies to me is this storm is relatively unique of that's 96 variant is a top dawg comparison - although that QPF distribution (presently...) looks similar.   

1996 was a close roller that ran into a cold loaded damming event ... This is closing and deepening in the other direction - just sayn'

But I do think hemispheric and "super synoptic"  ( mean synergistic effects ) this system is rather unique. It's formulating in the R-wave seam ... which is why it is moving so slow.  The one 1996 was in a slower medium/flow rate.   Perhaps it doesn't matter "how" we get there - agreed... I mean it is what it is.  If it does similarly when it's there who is gonna care. Lol. But, ... this one I think has a bit of dark uncertainty to it because of that "Lagrangian" wave space.

The thump "Lagrangian"s its way through in like 10 hours...I mean, if that is slow, WTF is fast?

3 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

They expressed the uncertainty in the discussion, and there's been wide model variance especially in this area.  I wouldn't want to be them, you're being more than a little harsh, especially since some models (and I don't believe them) are showing those amounts, still.

Not often people, with their first post, epically meltdown. Kudos to him, he will fit in well with weeping whiners.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, It's Always Sunny said:

That's what she said.

People keep ogling over stall this, capture, crawl, lagrangian....PS: 10 hour burst, then some sprinkles. Yea, I get that the stall doesn't happen in a great spot for us, and the dynamics wane, but it's frustrating as hell. Not to mention whacking it to your 8SD NAO block and -10 wind chills, as you prep the rain gauge. 

• Haha 2