• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

The deformation stuff this run is back across central/upsate NY....this is a huge circulation....this is really about a 12-18 hour storm for SNE with a really powerful firehose coming off the atlantic. Then it would prob be another 18-24 hours of garbage off and on flakes/crapola.

It's a really good storm....but my guess is it wouldn't match our true top dogs if we're trying to compare here. Get that H5 low to tighten up a little bit and then it might be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The deformation stuff this run is back across central/upsate NY....this is a huge circulation....this is really about a 12-18 hour storm for SNE with a really powerful firehose coming off the atlantic. Then it would prob be another 18-24 hours of garbage off and on flakes/crapola.

It's a really good storm....but my guess is it wouldn't match our true top dogs if we're trying to compare here. Get that H5 low to tighten up a little bit and then it might be.

For some, I guess....

That's a choke snow inflow jet - sorry...

- it's just a model depiction amongst many that we'll eye-candy and/or rue our ways thru over the next 3 or so days ... then perhaps a believable consensus "precipitates"  ( haha ) out of all that, but in a snap shot... with closing/deepening 700-400 plates under a 300 mb right fanning diffluence... that is snowing 8" /hr with multi pulse + stroked CG so powerful that EMP shuts down the grid clear to DCA and trips gamma-ray detectors down at LIGO

I'm kidding... heh. I haven't read J. Nichol's story yet but I fear such turns of phrasing -    ... just kidding James. 

Anyway, seriously, that kind of inflow jet under an unstable and continuing to further destablizing interior cyclonic stadium ...with diffluence in the upper region is likely to be prolific if that were to pan that way -