• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 30-February 1 Winter Storm

Hoosier

Hard call over here. Plumes from 1.5” to 8” with a mean around 4” but absolutely NO clustering at all. Considering the rapid transfer of energy to the east coast, would expect rapid shunting of heaviest precip to push through to the east southeast while weakening on the northern end due to our fun northern friend “BLOCK”. Without the blocking to our north, this would probably trend much further north and it still could a bit, but likely not enough to make more than a notable difference. 

Going with 2.5” here. 

RogueWaves, what’re you thinkin? 

• Sad 1

Models have been pretty consistent with averaging around .5 qpf in SW Dane County. I'm going with a 5-6" call imby. Remarkable overall consistency for days now (outside of the usual wobbles) as opposed to the last system where we were still seeing some decent shifts leading into the event - so I don't know if we'll get that last minute shift north this time. I think the heaviest totals look to stay just south of the WI/IL border. Good luck everyone.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Harry Perry said:

Hard call over here. Plumes from 1.5” to 8” with a mean around 4” but absolutely NO clustering at all. Considering the rapid transfer of energy to the east coast, would expect rapid shunting of heaviest precip to push through to the east southeast while weakening on the northern end due to our fun northern friend “BLOCK”. Without the blocking to our north, this would probably trend much further north and it still could a bit, but likely not enough to make more than a notable difference. 

Going with 2.5” here. 

RogueWaves, what’re you thinkin? 

I think you will do well over there on the west side. 

I think compaction, sleet mixing in, low snow ratios & this thing losing its moisture transport slowly as it drifts into a storm off the Seaboard hurts the totals a little bit compared to models. Interesting storm but these ratios are not ideal for anything over 10" as we've seen in the past

For NW Ohio 3-5" east of 75, 4-8" west of it.

4-8" for all of Northern IN

6-10" for Northern IL