Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 30-February 1 Winter Storm

Hoosier

1 hour ago, StormfanaticInd said:

image.thumb.png.a8456c94e8fb26160ccf6e3f05db3102.png:sled:

LOL! Me in a swath of 8 inch plus snow?-will never happen!

*Also fun to see storms coming into CA and you can find stuff like this:

Tonight
Snow, mainly after 8pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature rising to around 13 by 4am. Wind chill values as low as -10. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 16 to 22 inches possible.
Wednesday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 15. Wind chill values as low as -9. Windy, with a south southwest wind 20 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 28 to 34 inches possible.
Wednesday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 15. Wind chill values as low as -5. Breezy, with a south southwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 24 to 30 inches possible.
Thursday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 17. Breezy, with a south southwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 17 to 23 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 12. South southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.
Friday
Snow, mainly before 4pm. High near 14. West southwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Ten feet of snow? I would like to experience that sometime!

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 3

Was alluded to earlier, but the GFS thermal fields look like utter nonsense.  How it changes to rain up to I-80 with the surface-850 mb level lows tracking through downstate IL/IN is quite the feat.  Not that it can't rain to I-80, but it's not gonna do it with that track.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sojitodd said:

LOL! Me in a swath of 8 inch plus snow?-will never happen!

*Also fun to see storms coming into CA and you can find stuff like this:

Ten feet of snow? I would like to experience that sometime!

It's sad that us in the southern parts of the forum have this little confidence