• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 30-February 1 Winter Storm

Hoosier

The GFS has a perfect low track for Iowa, but it's so warm it has rain up here.  It looks wrong.  All other models are colder with all snow for Iowa. 
It probably is wrong. Parallel GFS a little better but probably still too aggressive with its warming aloft in that pattern. GEM and ECMWF solutions have looked more realistic.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yea not even get remotely invested in this till Fri or Sat. About this time with current storm I was in bulleyes then to Iowa it went. Lol. Hopefully this storm won't putter out as fast as this current storm. Sad we can't get strengthening storms this winter. It's like well I hope this one will weaken slower. Lol. But here's to Euro/Gem being right! Would be nice to see areas south of I80 get some love for a change ;) but can't deny trends this winter so I'm sure it will find a way to push north.

28 minutes ago, mimillman said:

North trend gonna happen.Time for revenge

It might be easier to get snow in Tallahassee than to jackpot downtown and I-80 in northeast IL/northwest IN these days.

For the current storm, I was way more concerned about the heavier band ending up north even when some models had it here or south.  For this storm, I am a bit more concerned about the heavier band ending up south of us but my view on that isn't as strong as it was for the current storm ending up north.  But maybe it'll work out well for us... one of these has to.

Just now, Hoosier said:

It might be easier to get snow in Tallahassee than to jackpot downtown and I-80 in northeast IL/northwest IN these days.

For the current storm, I was way more concerned about the heavier band ending up north even when some models had it here or south.  For this storm, I am a bit more concerned about the heavier band ending up south of us but my view on that isn't as strong as it was for the current storm ending up north.  But maybe it'll work out well for us... one of these has to.

Madison went from nothing to 6"+ in 48 hours basically. This isn't over, but I'm less optimistic about this event panning out than I was for today's.

That said, when we're within 72 hours, going to be watching the GEM and RGEM as it was good with today's system.

1 hour ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Yea not even get remotely invested in this till Fri or Sat. About this time with current storm I was in bulleyes then to Iowa it went. Lol. Hopefully this storm won't putter out as fast as this current storm. Sad we can't get strengthening storms this winter. It's like well I hope this one will weaken slower. Lol. But here's to Euro/Gem being right! Would be nice to see areas south of I80 get some love for a change ;) but can't deny trends this winter so I'm sure it will find a way to push north.

Just hope in the end to say, " Man, the Euro nailed this at 5 1/2 days out" :lol:

I know better though....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3