Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan. 31-Feb. 2 Miller B storm

LVblizzard

Just now, Newman said:

Ticks mean everything at this range. Especially with this CCB

A few miles is noise imo right now. We will see this across guidance next 18 hrs. Unless there is some unanimous trend I think we are locked in. The bullseye is the only question. And then u are talking the diff between 12" and 24". Those kuchera maps are garbage.

• Like 1

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

A few miles is noise imo right now. We will see this across guidance next 18 hrs. Unless there is some unanimous trend I think we are locked in. The bullseye is the only question. And then u are talking the diff between 12" and 24". Those kuchera maps are garbage.

IMO, the NAM 500mb changes were not miniscule or a "tick". It appears small, but just look at how much more those heights back into the coast from 6z. Plus the trough is trying to dig deeper as well. It's not much, you're right. But considering the NAM was well on the east side of guidance, all I was looking for was for it to come back west. Which it did.

namconus_z500_vort_us_fh26_trend.thumb.gif.d38363daf564167c97194c353e9ca6dd.gif

Last WXSIM with 6z data before storm time - has total snow of 14" to 23"

Today: Dense overcast. A slight chance of snow in the morning, then snow likely
 in the afternoon. High 30. Wind east around 3 mph. Chance of precipitation 60
 percent. Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly less than a quarter of an
 inch. Snow accumulation 1 to 2 inches.

Tonight: Dense overcast. Snow likely in the evening, then a mix of snow, sleet,
 and rain likely after midnight. Low 25, but temperatures rising after midnight.
 Wind chill as low as 16. Wind east around 11 mph, gusting to 17 mph. Chance of
 precipitation 80 percent. Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly between half
 an inch and one inch. Snow or ice (on ground) accumulation 3 to 5 inches.

Monday: Dense overcast. A mix of snow and sleet likely. Breezy. High 33. Wind
 chill around 20. Wind east-northeast around 14 mph, gusting to 21 mph. Chance of
 precipitation 80 percent. Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly between 1 and
 2 inches. Snow or ice (on ground) accumulation 8 to 12 inches.

Monday night: Dense overcast. Snow likely in the evening, then a chance of snow
 after midnight. Breezy. Low 29. Wind chill as low as 19. Wind north-northeast
 around 13 mph, gusting to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.
 Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly around half an inch. Snow accumulation
 2 to 4 inches.

15 minutes ago, MPotter_WX said:

3KM NAM looks like trash. Keeps the good stuff in NJ

There's your classic miller B shaft. Lets hope its wrong and over focusing on the convection offshore. It is basically alone so its higher resolution could actually be hindering finding the larger scale true low center here? Asking for a friend.

nam3km_asnow_ferrier_neus_34.png

42 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Your noise just took away a foot of my snow! :P

It's never easy being a weenie in these parts. Hopefully just a NAM hiccup and not a trend.

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

32 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

There's your classic miller B shaft. Lets hope its wrong and over focusing on the convection offshore. It is basically alone so its higher resolution could actually be hindering finding the larger scale true low center here? Asking for a friend.

nam3km_asnow_ferrier_neus_34.png

Idk looks fine to me 

snku_acc.us_ne.png