• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan. 31-Feb. 2 Miller B storm

LVblizzard

Euro pretty much as expected, little bit better actually. One could argue too quick a jump NW, especially on the EPS. Could almost be viewed as a red flag but don't want to cancel anyone's parade just yet. Thus why I was happy to see the UKIE SE still. I will say we are in a great spot right now in the NW burbs. I95 and 10 miles N and W are going to mix for a period. Hopefully it isnt a PD2 type mix where a large chunk was wasted on sleet and dryslotting as the fgen via h7 banding sets up a subsidence zone to the sw of the ll moisture train. Someone is going to get robbed a bit by that feature which is normal in these capturing and occluding systems while someone just W of there usually jackpots. Robbing Peter to pay Paul so to speak. Regardless, good spot to be in say a line from Coatesville to Pottstown to Quakertown. Thats your jackpot zone. Let's stop the big NW jumps we saw at 0z tho. At least halt...no more big jumps.

Just saw the 6z NAM. Warm punch, failure to capture early enough. Looks like a Binghamton NY-Boston type storm. We definitely don't want that. Hoping it is an extreme outlier but have tbh....it wouldn't be the first time the NAM sniffed out something to rain on the parade with a big storm coming. Didnt like that it has trended for 3 straight runs now too without slowing down. Still a good storm here but less than 10" while everything else under the sun is 12"+. I want to toss it but in the back of my head are the handful of times prior to big events where the NAM stood alone, we shrugged it off, and it ended up having the right idea. Of course we can't just have 100% consensus for once lol.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TheBigBlueBox said:

For PHL:

NAM: 5”

RGEM: 34”

Insane.

Both are extreme solutions on either side. Truth is likely in the middle between the GFS and Euro which is usually the best way to go here. That is still 10-18" and an awesome event. Im sure there will be lollies of 24" or higher but the CMC family is the extreme outlier and likely overdone. Current thinking 7-14" for my area conservatively...mixing, late capture, or dryslotting allows for the lower end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Just saw the 6z NAM. Warm punch, failure to capture early enough. Looks like a Binghamton NY-Boston type storm. We definitely don't want that. Hoping it is an extreme outlier but have tbh....it wouldn't be the first time the NAM sniffed out something to rain on the parade with a big storm coming. Didnt like that it has trended for 3 straight runs now too without slowing down. Still a good storm here but less than 10" while everything else under the sun is 12"+. I want to toss it but in the back of my head are the handful of times prior to big events where the NAM stood alone, we shrugged it off, and it ended up having the right idea. Of course we can't just have 100% consensus for once lol.

We know the nw tick is coming..buckle up coal country pennsyltucky etc

19 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

If that ccb band pushes nw it’ll also push the mix line south of it at the height. Philly 6-12 is fair atm, burbs 10-20, we need to survive one more day of runs, if we’re good by 00z tonight let’s roll. 

Oh no I think we know sooner than that this clearly shifted NE this early morning we pretty much no what we are dealing with at 12z hard to tell if the trends will hold but there’s definitely bouncing around.  The finer details get ironed out tonight at 0z but it looks like 10”+ I-95 N and W and N and NE this could move another 35-45 miles either way I think.